Sat, Jun 30
@matmarex thank you for the quick merge. Would it be possible to push it to production branch (I think 1.32.0-wmf.10?)
Fri, Jun 29
Thu, Jun 28
On hewiki ORES damaging model works OK, but there is still a room for improvement.
I think it is somewhat too conservative (by too conservative I mean TN, damaging edits that get low probability of ~0.4-0.5).
Fri, Jun 22
Incorrect alignment example in production (before applying the fix):
(labels aligned right correctly, values aligned left, incorrectly)
Thu, Jun 21
Reopen the task as the mission as not yet completed: "Enable CodeMirror in 2017 Wikitext editor in all wikis without the beta feature" means:
- all wikis, including RTL wikis (and there is a subtask for it, T170001)
- all wikis, including multi lang wikis, such as commons. This feature is broken for RTL users in multi lang wikis (example: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Village_pump&action=edit&uselang=he )
Wed, Jun 20
Jun 17 2018
Reopen per @Ebraminio comment
Jun 15 2018
- Seems like Amir fixed it few months ago. Amir, do you think we can close it?
- Looking in graphana boards, there is unexpectedly high number of usages in cebwiki(?!)
Jun 12 2018
I agree with cscott - adding code for tracking category will have SAME code complexity as just fixing it from the begining to take into account whatever dir is provided. (though opposite directions may still require tracking)
Jun 11 2018
Jun 5 2018
Jun 1 2018
Seems like it works in fawiki and mediawiki.org but not arwiki and hewiki, tested with this code:
<ref dir="rtl">aaa!!!</ref> <ref dir="ltr">aaa!!!</ref> <references />
comparing fawiki and hewiki Special:Version, seems like they run the same code version.
May 26 2018
May be related to T195520
May 24 2018
May 23 2018
May 19 2018
@Amire80 what are the plans to move it outside beta? I understand it is enabled by default in most wikis, including enwiki, and users can disable it using preference ("Use a compact language list, with languages relevant to you.").
(wgULSCompactLanguageLinksBetaFeature variable should be deleted)
why is it still in beta??
I got to this task while debugging a related issue with mw.wikibase.entityExists(REDIRECT-Qid) - T192462
May 8 2018
Updated the description above with "How to reproduce"
May 7 2018
May 5 2018
Maybe a circle around the play button will make it more clear.
May 4 2018
May 3 2018
May be addressed as part of exclude filter in T167224
Apr 29 2018
Apr 28 2018
Is the following considered external resources or are they valid?
- tools.wmflabs.org/wikivoyage/w/poimap2.php (this has useful "nearby articles" layer ; see https://fr.wikivoyage.org/wiki/MediaWiki:CadreCarte.js )
- http://maps.wikivoyage-ev.org (see https://fr.wikivoyage.org/wiki/MediaWiki:CarteGeo.js )
Apr 25 2018
issue seems to be solved. changing the priority for medium as there is no yet root cause
Apr 20 2018
Apr 16 2018
- This works based on user language, not sitelang (e.g uselang can workaround it: https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q3013215&curid=2880827&diff=292663898&oldid=250877025&uselang=fa )
- Setting the directionality should be to the sitelang without the site prefix e.g [[fa:<span dir="rtl">FATITLE</span>]]
Apr 14 2018
Apr 13 2018
Apr 12 2018
(Assigning for multimedia team for review)
Apr 7 2018
Trying to run the above replacements on current dump, the 3rd replacement is still quite common.
Apr 5 2018
@ssastry the php parser is broken and is dependent on Tidy for generating valid output (wiki valid - e.g blue bullets with css derived from ul) .
sorry I had a mistake in the example above - we can't ask parser to handle so invalid HTML. After fixiing the </td></tr> this is reasonable wikitext that should generate <ul> list and it doesn't.
Either parser should be fixed (add </ul> when getting out of <td> in which the <ul> was added by the parser itself) or it should do post processing on the Remex
- Clarification: the bad output generates li (not *), but without ul.
- Here is simplification of the above before/after (replacing Hebrew letters). Please try the new parsing (on hewiki) and than the same code in enwiki
<table> <tr> <td> *a *b</td></tr><tr><td> *c *d</td></tr></table>
I "fixed" the module with new lines. However, this seems like a parser bug and enwiki as other wikis would encounter similar issues.
Apr 4 2018
Apr 2 2018
Adding Parsing-Team for review [there may be future implications on the parsoid (specifically lib/ext/Cite/index.js)]
I think in /data/project/erwin85/public_html/inc/errorhandler.inc.php
should be replaced to
Mar 28 2018
Here is a simple script to get it (assuming labdb access):
Mar 27 2018
@NehalDaveND Can you please clarify how it relates to Wikidata?
Mar 24 2018
Fixed. Thanks @Framawiki !
Mar 20 2018
Maybe we can start with greping all WMF wikis for it
Mar 18 2018
Thanks Amir. I updated the task description and removed this.
Mar 4 2018
Mar 2 2018
I think this task can be considered as resolved (mainly thanks to T185693) from engineering POV.
If there are still wikis using such iterations - they should fix it, but it is now on their (community) hands.
I suggest that before moving this task to resolved, we should ask Community-Relations-Support to communicate to wikis to be aware to it.
Feb 26 2018
IMO this page is more targeted for extension developers with different skills (git/gerrit/php). I added documentation here: https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Gadget_kitchen&type=revision&diff=2725392&oldid=2718404 I
Feb 19 2018
Thanks @Legoktm well done and daily jenkins job is good idea to track it regularly. you can mark it as resolved.