I completely forgot that non is already available for monolingual. I think @Mbch331's solution with adding non-runr and leave non as it is (i.e. =non-latn) is the best approach.
Sat, Oct 17
I would prefer to have non-latn and non-runr to just non.
Tue, Oct 13
Mon, Oct 12
Thanks for the investigation, @Nikki! Yeah, I was confused when I saw this task because they *should* be available already. So if you have any idea how to fix it @Lydia_Pintscher, a fix would be appreciated!
Wed, Oct 7
Fri, Oct 2
By not being on the Norwegian Wikipedia. ;)
Wed, Sep 30
Tue, Sep 29
Thu, Sep 24
Wed, Sep 23
Thank you very much, @ABorbaWMF , @Dbrant and others. The same problem is still present on *.m.wikipedia.org though – should that be filed as a separate bug? This language code discrepancy is fixed for desktop with $wgInterlanguageLinkCodeMap in InitialiseSettings.php. Ideally the apps & mobile website should look up that setting in order to not duplicate these things over several codebases.
FYI, this is implemented on the Korean Wikipedia with a gadget: https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EB%AF%B8%EB%94%94%EC%96%B4%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4:Gadget-CollapsibleSidebar.js
Rather sleek, IMO.
Sep 18 2020
Sep 16 2020
Sep 15 2020
Sep 14 2020
Hi @Aklapper, sorry for not following the correct procedure – I did skim through those pages first, but apparently not thoroughly enough (since I missed the fact that tags ought to be discussed first).
These seem reasonable to me, but I'd like to see if @Amire80 has any comments.
We have created the Phabricator tag Language codes to track this (and other language code isuses), instead of using this unwieldy task. I have updated the instructions for requesting languages codes for monolingual text at Wikidata, and will add the instructions from this task to the project description.