ksmith (Kevin Smith)
Agile Coach @ WMF

Projects (12)

Today

  • Clear sailing ahead.

Tomorrow

  • Clear sailing ahead.

Monday

  • Clear sailing ahead.

User Details

User Since
Mar 9 2015, 8:21 PM (106 w, 4 d)
Availability
Available
IRC Nick
meeple27
LDAP User
Unknown
MediaWiki User
KSmith (WMF)

Recent Activity

Yesterday

ksmith edited Description on TPG-Engagements (ArchCom Consulting).
Fri, Mar 24, 7:18 PM

Thu, Mar 23

ksmith closed T161042: Initial planning of Discovery Offsite 2017 as "Resolved".
Thu, Mar 23, 5:34 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Engagements (Q4 2016-17 Discovery Offsite)
ksmith created T161226: Schedule agile coaching visit to wmde.
Thu, Mar 23, 5:02 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices

Tue, Mar 21

ksmith added a comment to T156300: analysis of results from A/B/C test for displaying sister projects in search results.

Thanks @mpopov. I just checked what you changed in response to my previous comment, and it looks good to me.

Tue, Mar 21, 10:01 PM · Discovery-Analysis (Current work), Discovery
ksmith updated subscribers of T160950: Create retrospectives subpage of Team Practices on mediawiki.org.

@JAufrecht : Do you want to review this? If not, we can get a volunteer at our work review meeting.

Tue, Mar 21, 9:38 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices (This-Week)
ksmith moved T160950: Create retrospectives subpage of Team Practices on mediawiki.org from To Do to Needs Review on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.

We already had a retrospectives page that had the manual list. I just automated the list (and did some other formatting tweaks to that page): https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Team_Practices_Group/Retrospectives

Tue, Mar 21, 9:38 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices (This-Week)
ksmith triaged T160950: Create retrospectives subpage of Team Practices on mediawiki.org as "Normal" priority.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:36 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices (This-Week)
ksmith added a comment to T160951: Schedule a recurring weekly meeting for TPG.

This should probably wait until NH is in her new time zone.

Tue, Mar 21, 9:26 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices
ksmith created T161048: Act as scribe for weekly ArchCom meetings.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:20 PM · TPG-Engagements (ArchCom Consulting)
ksmith renamed T161046: Ongoing support of Discovery leadership from "Ongoing support of vertical leadership" to "Ongoing support of Discovery leadership".
Tue, Mar 21, 9:20 PM · TPG-Engagements (Discovery Agile Coaching)
ksmith created T161047: Ongoing support of Discovery as a whole.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:20 PM · TPG-Engagements (Discovery Agile Coaching)
ksmith created T161046: Ongoing support of Discovery leadership.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:18 PM · TPG-Engagements (Discovery Agile Coaching)
ksmith created T161045: Ongoing Kanban master duties for Interactive team.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:17 PM · TPG-Engagements (Discovery Agile Coaching)
ksmith created T161044: Ongoing Kanban master duties for Search team.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:17 PM · TPG-Engagements (Discovery Agile Coaching)
ksmith triaged T161043: Plan specific sessions for Discovery Offsite 2017 as "Normal" priority.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:16 PM · TPG-Engagements (Q4 2016-17 Discovery Offsite)
ksmith moved T161042: Initial planning of Discovery Offsite 2017 from To Do to Done on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:15 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Engagements (Q4 2016-17 Discovery Offsite)
ksmith added a project to T161042: Initial planning of Discovery Offsite 2017: Team-Practices (This-Week).
Tue, Mar 21, 9:15 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Engagements (Q4 2016-17 Discovery Offsite)
ksmith renamed T161042: Initial planning of Discovery Offsite 2017 from "Initial planning of event" to "Initial planning of Discovery Offsite 2017".
Tue, Mar 21, 9:14 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Engagements (Q4 2016-17 Discovery Offsite)
ksmith created T161043: Plan specific sessions for Discovery Offsite 2017.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:13 PM · TPG-Engagements (Q4 2016-17 Discovery Offsite)
ksmith created T161042: Initial planning of Discovery Offsite 2017.
Tue, Mar 21, 9:13 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Engagements (Q4 2016-17 Discovery Offsite)

Mon, Mar 20

ksmith created T160951: Schedule a recurring weekly meeting for TPG.
Mon, Mar 20, 8:47 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices
ksmith created T160950: Create retrospectives subpage of Team Practices on mediawiki.org.
Mon, Mar 20, 8:37 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices (This-Week)

Fri, Mar 17

ksmith updated subscribers of T160715: Single task appearing in two columns on a workboard.

@20after4 : Should we (by which I mean not me) report this upstream?

Fri, Mar 17, 4:58 PM · Phabricator

Thu, Mar 16

ksmith added a comment to T156300: analysis of results from A/B/C test for displaying sister projects in search results.

Thanks @mpopov . I actually read the whole report this time, rather than skimming. It's looking good.

Thu, Mar 16, 9:49 PM · Discovery-Analysis (Current work), Discovery
ksmith closed T148464: Update Team Practices Roles and Responsibilities to reflect new(ish) role, "Sr. Agile Coach" as "Resolved".
Thu, Mar 16, 5:33 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith created T160663: Add more ops to Team Practices IRC channel.
Thu, Mar 16, 5:09 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week)

Tue, Mar 14

ksmith added a comment to T156300: analysis of results from A/B/C test for displaying sister projects in search results.

@mpopov : This is from a naive lay viewpoint, so it might not make sense:

Tue, Mar 14, 9:27 PM · Discovery-Analysis (Current work), Discovery
ksmith added a comment to T160447: Proposal: Archive the project #blocked-on-search.

Doh. Thanks. That explains why it was hard to find, and was gray when I did find it. It would be nice if this screen indicated somehow/somewhere that the project had been archived: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/

Tue, Mar 14, 6:45 PM · Phabricator, Discovery-Search
ksmith created T160447: Proposal: Archive the project #blocked-on-search.
Tue, Mar 14, 6:24 PM · Phabricator, Discovery-Search
ksmith added a comment to T160125: The star for the "favorites" menu is non-obvious.

Thanks @mmodell. That's interesting to see.

Tue, Mar 14, 4:48 PM · Upstream, Phabricator (Upstream)

Fri, Mar 10

ksmith added a comment to T160125: The star for the "favorites" menu is non-obvious.

What do those stacked bars bring up on a mobile device? Would it make sense to combine the 2 menus (on both platforms)?

Fri, Mar 10, 6:06 PM · Upstream, Phabricator (Upstream)

Thu, Mar 9

ksmith claimed T148464: Update Team Practices Roles and Responsibilities to reflect new(ish) role, "Sr. Agile Coach".

@Awjrichards : When you have a moment, please look at the wiki version to make sure it is what you expected.

Thu, Mar 9, 11:22 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith added a comment to T160125: The star for the "favorites" menu is non-obvious.

Of those, I like chevron-circle-down perhaps with bars, like: (I should mention that I'm not a fan of bars/hamburger menu, but they are widely used, so are fairly recognizable.)

Thu, Mar 9, 11:15 PM · Upstream, Phabricator (Upstream)
ksmith edited the description of T160125: The star for the "favorites" menu is non-obvious.
Thu, Mar 9, 9:34 PM · Upstream, Phabricator (Upstream)
ksmith created T160125: The star for the "favorites" menu is non-obvious.
Thu, Mar 9, 9:20 PM · Upstream, Phabricator (Upstream)
ksmith triaged T159854: Phabricator help pages should describe the favorites menu as "Low" priority.

TPG is not committing to work on this. It would be great if someone else could add this documentation. But for now, we'll leave it in the TPG backlog as a low-priority task that a TPGer might pick up if they have some free time.

Thu, Mar 9, 6:52 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices
ksmith triaged T159853: Phabricator help pages should describe custom forms as "Low" priority.

TPG is not committing to work on this. It would be great if someone else could add this documentation. But for now, we'll leave it in the TPG backlog as a low-priority task that a TPGer might pick up if they have some free time.

Thu, Mar 9, 6:52 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices
ksmith moved T159854: Phabricator help pages should describe the favorites menu from To Triage to General backlog on the Team-Practices board.
Thu, Mar 9, 6:51 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices
ksmith moved T159853: Phabricator help pages should describe custom forms from To Triage to General backlog on the Team-Practices board.
Thu, Mar 9, 6:51 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices
ksmith closed T160099: Proposal: Rename TPG-essential-functions to TPG-uncategorized or TPG-miscellaneous as "Invalid".

We decided that requests for a conversation should go in the TPG staff meeting agenda, rather than in phab tasks. In the future, if/when this becomes an action, it can be reopened or a replacement task can be created.

Thu, Mar 9, 6:50 PM · Team-Practices
ksmith created T160099: Proposal: Rename TPG-essential-functions to TPG-uncategorized or TPG-miscellaneous.
Thu, Mar 9, 6:29 PM · Team-Practices
ksmith moved T159874: Draft archcom charter presentation from To Do to In Progress on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.
Thu, Mar 9, 6:27 PM · TPG-Engagements (ArchCom Consulting), Team-Practices (This-Week)

Tue, Mar 7

ksmith triaged T159874: Draft archcom charter presentation as "Normal" priority.
Tue, Mar 7, 8:41 PM · TPG-Engagements (ArchCom Consulting), Team-Practices (This-Week)
ksmith created T159874: Draft archcom charter presentation.
Tue, Mar 7, 8:41 PM · TPG-Engagements (ArchCom Consulting), Team-Practices (This-Week)
ksmith added projects to T159853: Phabricator help pages should describe custom forms: Phabricator, Documentation.
Tue, Mar 7, 5:15 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices
ksmith added projects to T159854: Phabricator help pages should describe the favorites menu: Phabricator, Documentation.
Tue, Mar 7, 5:15 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices
ksmith created T159854: Phabricator help pages should describe the favorites menu.
Tue, Mar 7, 5:15 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices
ksmith created T159853: Phabricator help pages should describe custom forms.
Tue, Mar 7, 5:13 PM · Documentation, Phabricator, Team-Practices

Mon, Mar 6

ksmith added a comment to T159474: Post notes from monthly retrospective on-wiki.

Looks fine to me.

Mon, Mar 6, 5:44 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week)

Wed, Mar 1

ksmith moved T159166: Write a blog post about the recent Collab Jam from To Triage to General backlog on the Team-Practices board.
Wed, Mar 1, 7:02 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), Wikimedia-Blog-Content
ksmith triaged T159166: Write a blog post about the recent Collab Jam as "Normal" priority.
Wed, Mar 1, 7:02 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), Wikimedia-Blog-Content

Mon, Feb 27

ksmith added a comment to T164: Uploading a new Differential Revision does not reset “Accept” states in commit messages.
In T164#3059644, @demon wrote:

+1 proves nothing beyond your ability to click something with a mouse. I take almost no stock in seeing +1s on a patch without any comments associated with it.

Mon, Feb 27, 11:44 PM · User-greg, Differential, Gerrit-Migration, Wikimedia Phabricator RfC
ksmith created T159166: Write a blog post about the recent Collab Jam.
Mon, Feb 27, 6:22 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), Wikimedia-Blog-Content

Thu, Feb 23

ksmith moved T158925: Skill Share: Available for Agile Coaching at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2017 from Backlog to Skill Share on the Wikimedia-Hackathon-2017 board.
Thu, Feb 23, 11:56 PM · Wikimedia-Hackathon-2017
ksmith created T158925: Skill Share: Available for Agile Coaching at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2017.
Thu, Feb 23, 11:29 PM · Wikimedia-Hackathon-2017
ksmith reassigned T156175: Posting notes from Dev Summit 2017 Coaching Clinic retrospective from ksmith to ggellerman.

@ggellerman : If you can, please review by confirming that the notes exist at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Team_Practices_Group/2017_DevSummit_coaching_clinic_retrospective and move to "Done" if they seem OK.

Thu, Feb 23, 11:15 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Epics (Team Practices Group Coaching Clinic)
ksmith edited the description of T156175: Posting notes from Dev Summit 2017 Coaching Clinic retrospective.
Thu, Feb 23, 11:13 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Epics (Team Practices Group Coaching Clinic)
ksmith claimed T156175: Posting notes from Dev Summit 2017 Coaching Clinic retrospective.

Thanks @ggellerman! Your suggestions will make it easier for readers to understand the notes.

Thu, Feb 23, 6:15 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Epics (Team Practices Group Coaching Clinic)

Feb 22 2017

ksmith reassigned T156175: Posting notes from Dev Summit 2017 Coaching Clinic retrospective from ksmith to ggellerman.

@ggellerman : Thanks for volunteering! Max answered the question, so I'm assigning to you for review. Assuming you don't see anything inappropriate for public posting, please assign back to me and I'll put it on wiki.

Feb 22 2017, 8:56 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Epics (Team Practices Group Coaching Clinic)
ksmith claimed T156175: Posting notes from Dev Summit 2017 Coaching Clinic retrospective.

I reviewed the notes and didn't see anything that would need redacting before being published. I added a question for Max (pinging him in a gdoc comment). After that is resolved, one other person should review the notes before I (or whoever) put them on wiki.

Feb 22 2017, 7:06 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Epics (Team Practices Group Coaching Clinic)
ksmith moved T156175: Posting notes from Dev Summit 2017 Coaching Clinic retrospective from General backlog to This-Week on the Team-Practices board.
Feb 22 2017, 7:05 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Epics (Team Practices Group Coaching Clinic)
ksmith closed T137816: Rearrange the discovery interactive and maps phab projects, including converting some to milestones as "Declined".

@Aklapper : The affected team is in the middle of a major transition right now. I'm declining this task, and when the team issues get sorted out, they can take a fresh look at the boards and decide what will make sense.

Feb 22 2017, 5:36 PM · Maps, Project-Admins, Discovery, Phabricator

Feb 17 2017

Nemo_bis awarded T137816: Rearrange the discovery interactive and maps phab projects, including converting some to milestones a Piece of Eight token.
Feb 17 2017, 7:26 AM · Maps, Project-Admins, Discovery, Phabricator

Feb 15 2017

ksmith added a comment to T157833: Define "action item" in TPG Glossary.

Looks good now.

Feb 15 2017, 12:39 AM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 14 2017

ksmith moved T149705: Lessons from 2016 Editing Offsite incorporated into TPG Offsites guide from Needs Review to Done on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.
Feb 14 2017, 10:29 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), User-Jaufrecht Backlog, TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith added a comment to T157833: Define "action item" in TPG Glossary.

I'm not sure about them being documented "by the facilitator", but aside from that minor nit, it looks good to me.

Feb 14 2017, 10:28 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith added a comment to T148464: Update Team Practices Roles and Responsibilities to reflect new(ish) role, "Sr. Agile Coach".

Revised version looks good to me!

Feb 14 2017, 8:34 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 13 2017

ksmith edited the description of T155601: Stabilizing Interactive Products.
Feb 13 2017, 7:49 PM · Commons-Datasets, Graphs, Maps, Discovery, Interactive-Sprint
ksmith edited the description of T155601: Stabilizing Interactive Products.
Feb 13 2017, 7:48 PM · Commons-Datasets, Graphs, Maps, Discovery, Interactive-Sprint
ksmith reassigned T152131: "geojson" plugin is missing in Mapnik package from MaxSem to Gehel.

We believe this is now up to ops.

Feb 13 2017, 7:34 PM · Interactive-Sprint, Discovery, Maps (Kartotherian)
ksmith moved T152057: Incorporate Editing offsite planning retro actions into Offsite planning guide from Needs Review to Done on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.
Feb 13 2017, 6:53 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 9 2017

ksmith moved T152057: Incorporate Editing offsite planning retro actions into Offsite planning guide from To Do to Needs Review on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.

@JAufrecht @MBinder_WMF : I believe this is done, so please review as you see fit. Almost all of the issues were already covered in the wiki page, but I added the ones that seemed to be missing, and made some other related improvements and clarifications.

Feb 9 2017, 10:29 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith moved T149705: Lessons from 2016 Editing Offsite incorporated into TPG Offsites guide from To Do to Needs Review on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.

@JAufrecht @MBinder_WMF @NHarateh_WMF : I believe I have incorporated all the notes from this doc into the wiki page. There are two items with open comments, which I don't think need further attention, but you should check. The others have either been marked with "DONE", meaning they were already in the guidance, or "ADDED" if I added (or updated) them today.

Feb 9 2017, 10:10 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), User-Jaufrecht Backlog, TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith closed T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars as "Resolved".

I'm going to ask TPG to review some last-minute changes, after GG and I agree they are ready. But the norm is on the page, so this one is done.

Feb 9 2017, 6:35 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 8 2017

ksmith added a comment to T157599: Document how to build and deploy all the maps services/components.

@Deskana : I agree. I'll leave it to you to add it there, and to set the priority of this task.

Feb 8 2017, 7:31 PM · Discovery, Interactive-Sprint
ksmith added a subtask for T155601: Stabilizing Interactive Products: T157599: Document how to build and deploy all the maps services/components.
Feb 8 2017, 7:22 PM · Commons-Datasets, Graphs, Maps, Discovery, Interactive-Sprint
ksmith added a parent task for T157599: Document how to build and deploy all the maps services/components: T155601: Stabilizing Interactive Products.
Feb 8 2017, 7:22 PM · Discovery, Interactive-Sprint
ksmith moved T157599: Document how to build and deploy all the maps services/components from Backlog to Prioritized on the Interactive-Sprint board.
Feb 8 2017, 7:21 PM · Discovery, Interactive-Sprint
ksmith created T157599: Document how to build and deploy all the maps services/components.
Feb 8 2017, 7:21 PM · Discovery, Interactive-Sprint
ksmith added a comment to T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars.

@ggellerman : It seems we have different perceptions of the start and end of the day. Where you see them as potential times for focus, I see them as adjacent to natural breaks (arriving/departing work). That leads me toward wanting to remove some of the specifics, to talk more in generalities, and perhaps to further emphasize the need to understand your target's preferences and patterns.

Feb 8 2017, 5:36 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 7 2017

ksmith claimed T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars.

Marking as done, although more work might be required if absent TPGers have concerns.

Feb 7 2017, 11:58 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 6 2017

ksmith moved T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars from Needs Review to In Progress on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.

Everyone in the meeting twinkled approving the draft norm as written. I will ping Max and Arthur to give them a chance to propose edits or a reversion to draft status.

Feb 6 2017, 7:27 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 3 2017

ksmith moved T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars from To Do to Needs Review on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.
Feb 3 2017, 7:57 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith edited the description of T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars.
Feb 3 2017, 7:28 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith added a comment to T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars.

I added 3 proposed norms to the norms page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Team_Practices_Group/Team_Norms#Calendars

Feb 3 2017, 7:27 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Feb 2 2017

ksmith moved T149705: Lessons from 2016 Editing Offsite incorporated into TPG Offsites guide from General backlog to This-Week on the Team-Practices board.
Feb 2 2017, 6:40 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), User-Jaufrecht Backlog, TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith moved T152057: Incorporate Editing offsite planning retro actions into Offsite planning guide from General backlog to This-Week on the Team-Practices board.
Feb 2 2017, 6:40 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith moved T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars from General backlog to This-Week on the Team-Practices board.
Feb 2 2017, 6:38 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith added a comment to T133597: Conduct Quarterly Goals and Quarterly Review improvement working group retrospective.

@KLans_WMF is still on the hook to get this scheduled.

Feb 2 2017, 6:37 PM · Team-Practices, TPG-Epics (Support Quarterly Planning and Review Improvements), TPG-Essential-Functions

Jan 30 2017

ksmith added a comment to T156076: Final review of TPG Engagement Model before publication.

I noticed one little tweak in the matrix drawing, and commented but it's not a showstopper. I also just deleted an extraneous comma.

Jan 30 2017, 11:32 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices (This-Week)

Jan 26 2017

ksmith edited the description of T152124: Conduct LE survey for annual planning retrospective work.
Jan 26 2017, 5:12 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith reassigned T152124: Conduct LE survey for annual planning retrospective work from ksmith to Awjrichards.

The survey is closed. The response rate was low (20%), but the responses were extremely positive.

Jan 26 2017, 5:12 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith moved T152124: Conduct LE survey for annual planning retrospective work from Blocked or Waiting to Needs Review on the Team-Practices (This-Week) board.
Jan 26 2017, 5:10 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Jan 24 2017

ksmith added a comment to T156076: Final review of TPG Engagement Model before publication.

I added several questions and suggestions. Aside from those, I'm OK with it. So I checked my little box in this task, with the understanding that it won't actually go out until all the comments are resolved (one way or another).

Jan 24 2017, 11:14 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices (This-Week)
ksmith edited the description of T156076: Final review of TPG Engagement Model before publication.
Jan 24 2017, 11:13 PM · TPG-Essential-Functions, Team-Practices (This-Week)
ksmith added a comment to T129842: Launch the Wikimedia "Code Review Special Interest Group".

I'm not sure where to post this, and I don't want to lose it. This article describes some research around code reviews published by the IEEE: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/code-reviews-software-quality-empirical-research-results-avteniev

Jan 24 2017, 7:50 PM · ArchCom-RfC, RfC, Developer-Relations, ArchCom
ksmith added a comment to T129842: Launch the Wikimedia "Code Review Special Interest Group".

I am willing to facilitate meetings, and perform some light coordination work. I am not able to lead this charge, but can participate in a support role. I also reserve the right to share my own opinions about code review at times. :)

Jan 24 2017, 12:11 AM · ArchCom-RfC, RfC, Developer-Relations, ArchCom

Jan 23 2017

ksmith added a comment to T155681: Propose new TPG norms about calendars.

Ideas from the staff meeting:

Jan 23 2017, 7:00 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions

Jan 20 2017

ksmith added a comment to T149367: Have a TPG conversation about phabricator.

If anything comes up that would be interesting or useful to a wider audience, we'll definitely find a way to communicate it.

Jan 20 2017, 8:57 PM · Team-Practices (This-Week), TPG-Essential-Functions
ksmith added a comment to T149639: Better code review processes for reviewers.

@Qgil seemed to have ideas about the working group, so I assume either he or @Aklapper will take that action item. I don't have the capacity to take it on right now.

Jan 20 2017, 8:53 PM · Developer-Relations (Jan-Mar-2017), Wikimedia-Developer-Summit (2017)