FYI, we can also have an alternative mount point for the config file, and can tell service-runner where to look for it by setting the APP_BASE_PATH environment variable. This approach would make building images more flexible, probably.
Fri, Dec 7
Ok, the mediawiki host issue has been fixed, but now we are running into WDQS not being available:
Indeed. The mediawiki host has changed. Will fix it.
The service in beta can work only for domains available in beta. In the task description, however, you are trying to use a production project's domain.
They are independent, though. Cassandra doesn't go into LVS at all, and RESTBase is fully functional on these nodes. Not having them in LVS/conftool does not allow us to deploy fresh code to them, so that is problematic.
PR #1086 fixes this.
Ah, now I understand. The RB travis checks are failing because of this. I think the best way forward for this issue is to change the test to use something that only checks that Citoid is up and running. Citoid x-amples have further, detailed tests about Zotero, so we can confine them to that.
Checks are known not to work in Beta. If we wanted to correct this situation we would need to reapply PR #1082, but that would imply less precision in production (i.e. the difference in Zotero working and not), so I'm not keen on doing that.
Once all the usernames are known in the task description, your respective managers need to explicitly approve each of the individual requests.
Please describe what exactly is not working.
Thu, Dec 6
Wed, Dec 5
Deployed, should be fixed now. Please reopen if that's not the case.
Tue, Dec 4
This was due to Citoid not being able to communicate with Zotero. Fixed now.
There was a communication problem both between Citoid and Zotero as well as Zotero and our domains. This has been fixed now.
Citoid in production has been switched to use Zotero v2.
Fri, Nov 30
@Mvolz this sounds like a serious consequence for non-english projects. What is the product decision here? Is this a blocker for switching Citoid to use the new Zotero server? Please consult with the appropriate people. We planned on doing the switch on Tuesday 2018-12-04, but will hold it until we have a clear response here.
Thu, Nov 29
Wed, Nov 28
I put down some proposals which are more literary (JozefK, DerProcess, etc) but going with the obvious EventIntake or even EventValve is fine. Naming is hard :)
Created and works. Thank you @Joe
This sounds like a product-level decision to me, not a technical one. Who is your target audience? Whose opinion are you seeking? How are you planning on collecting the feedback? These questions should inform the technical solution but before we have them, I can be of little to no help. Or have I misunderstood the request?
If we have the data locally (in our prod env), perhaps having a prefix-search-tree-based solution would be the way to go.
Tue, Nov 27
The fix has been deployed, delete events should start flowing again, so resolving. Let's reopen the ticket if that does not occur.
Mon, Nov 26
Will be done in the EU SWAT window on 2018-11-27. Lowering the priority as it is a known issue and does not cause severe breakage.