Fri, Oct 11
Looks good, on Monday I'll check couple things and then I'll resolve it.
Thu, Oct 10
- do we want to A/B test it per page or per the whole wiki?
- do we know what is going to be our population size/which wikis do we want to A/B test? (like do we want to test on 100 users, or do we want to test on multiple wikis on 100 thousand anon users/sessions).
@awight - I can see popups as a logged-in user who disabled Page Previews on the Preferences page. It happens when I hover a regular page link.
Wed, Oct 9
Moved to "Blocked on others" as it would be more valuable for the team who created Reference Previews to look at it (as it may be related).
Tue, Oct 8
Fri, Oct 4
The problem is not Minerva, the problem is how/when MobileFrontend initializes FeatureManager. Just changing hook from RequestContextCreateSkinMobile to RequestContextCreateSkin won't help. The problem will be the same - The FeatureManager won't be initialized (won't send the hook).
So the problem is:
- The FeatureManager is a part of MobileFrontend.
- Feature registration happens when MobileFrontend kicks in (via RequestContextCreateSkin
- During RequestContextCreateSkin we trigger MobileFrontendFeaturesRegistration hook that allows Minerva to register it's own features
- because we use Minerva as desktop skin, the mobile mode doesn't kick in, thus code from RequestContextCreateSkin is not called, therefore Minerva doesn't register it's features
Thu, Oct 3
Wed, Oct 2
From my knowledge, readers-web-stephen is used and cannot be deleted. @Niedzielski is on sabbatical so he cannot confirm.
This issue happened twice and it's related to the deployment process. It happened exactly when a new branch was pushed to production and because of some reason PHP cached old AMCManager definition but used new ServiceWirings file, thus there was an inconsistency with the argument count. This did not happen again.
@nray yup, that's what I did.
Mon, Sep 30
Fri, Sep 20
I can confirm this is an issue on Beta Cluster - I cannot reproduce that on production Reference Previews are enabled on German Wikipedia, but everything works there.
Wed, Sep 18
Tue, Sep 17
@alexhollender everything is possible, but that's probably a new task. Also, please note, that the DownloadIcon is injected via JS, thus it may cause FOUC when we decide to change styling based on the number of icons in the toolbar.
@Alex I just want to confirm - those mocks are not in sync, right? We do not show a different toolbar for Android and iOS.
Mon, Sep 16
The highlight color can be modified by -webkit-tap-highlight-color,
- we can disable the highlight color for menu handles, but it will bring inconsistency between user menu and notifications menu, same it will bring inconsistency between icons on toolbar and the overflow menu
- set the highlight to given color - we will need two CSS rules, one for user menu (it's on dark background), and a second one for overflow menu (it's on white background). The ToggleList supposed to be a generic component,
but if we want to make it look nice we need specific styles based on where the menu trigger is located.
This task looks good to me and we can start working on it.
Sep 13 2019
After Fix thanks extension works as expected
The logout icon on Firefox is misaligned:
I found a weird issue on Firefox (on production) - The logout icon is misaligned -
Sep 12 2019
Ready to review.
Sep 11 2019
Sep 10 2019
Bumping sampling rate to 10%
Sep 9 2019
@Edtadros can beta cluster, can be staging. Let's proceed with staging, please share the user name that has to be blocked,
Sep 5 2019
text change is done in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/skins/MinervaNeue/+/534596/ but the icon change is blocked on T230694#5466578. All overflow menu icons come from WikimediaUI. If we want to change the SVG to userGroups, first we have to add it to WikimediaUI.
Sep 4 2019
Sep 3 2019
We're receiving ~15 events per minute (previously we were receiving ~100 events), I think that we can still safely bump the sampling rate to ~10%, but first, we need to understand why do we get an events spike from time to time.
Sep 2 2019
Now we're tracking all clicks on menu elements (Main Menu, Toolbar, Overflow, User) with 0.01% sampling rate.
Previously, for the MainMenu only, we were getting ~80-100 events per 10 minutes, now we're getting less than 1 even per 10 minutes (see https://grafana.wikimedia.org/d/000000018/eventlogging-schema?orgId=1&var-schema=MobileWebUIActionsTracking&from=now-7d&to=now ). I'll bump the sampling rate by 100 (to 1%).
Aug 29 2019
The only missing thing are translations (only if we want to promote those things into beta mode) - but I'm not sure if this is something we might do.
QA all possible configs, everything looks good, each config works well both standalone, and with other configs.
Aug 28 2019
@Jdforrester-WMF sorry for the trouble. Thanks for the fix. Do you need any help with that?
sure, I'll check it
Task to disable this feature in two weeks is tracked in T231436: Turn off AMC outreach modal
Aug 27 2019
Blocked on 1.34-wmf.20 release.
Also, please thing about different languages. English looks really nice, but I'm afraid that in other languages those labels can be pretty long. For example in Polish language "unwatch" would become "przestań obserwować" or "usuń z obserwowanych".
The Language icon title definition in i18n:
ok, thx for info
@zeljkofilipin this should be fixed now, can we resolve task once this goes to production? We're unable to reproduce it locally.
Aug 26 2019
@zeljkofilipin yes, the fix got merged like 2 hours ago, but the CI is still processing it ;/