Aug 10 2018
- The API seems to be functioning as required - https://github.com/saurabhbatra96/wmf-fd-api.
- The model is making accurate predictions on new data (August fraud).
- FR-tech is aware of all progress made on this.
Jul 13 2018
Tracking API frontend code here - https://github.com/saurabhbatra96/wmf-fd-api
Just checked, Fedex estimates a shipping time of around 6-7 days from SF to Hyderabad. I guess, worst case, it's possible to wait till then, but if a workaround is possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Jul 12 2018
- ML code snippets are being tracked here - https://github.com/saurabhbatra96/wmf-samplecodes
- PR plots for various classifiers with the dummy dataset - https://github.com/saurabhbatra96/wmf-samplecodes#classifier-comparisions
- Completed the code for classifier parameter optimisation.
- Experiments with LIME to explain classifier results - https://github.com/saurabhbatra96/wmf-samplecodes/blob/master/classifier-explainer.ipynb
Jun 11 2018
Hi @srishakatux , reopening this because the project is still underway and we're tracking here, removed the GSoC tag though.
May 25 2018
Meeting 1 discussion points -
Mar 30 2018
@Eileenmcnaughton I think that is quite possible to do within the current design because all we have is a machine learning model interfacing externally as an API. It makes no difference to the architecture whether the model predicts donor behavior or frauds. The extra work, of course, is in implementing a model to predict donor behavior which is currently out of scope but anyone familiar with machine learning can implement.
Mar 25 2018
@awight I've added some checkpoints to help us evaluate exactly what we should be aiming to achieve in order to deem the project "complete" , if not a "success", if we come up against tough to cross hurdles.
Mar 24 2018
I imagine data collection will take longer, unless there's something ready to go already? Even after the initial data is collected, we'll probably come back and iterate later.
So GSoC has a community bonding period from April 23 to May 14; I was counting week 1 to be the first week of coding, i.e. the week starting on May 15 so we should have about 3-4 weeks to collect and sanitize the data. Still, I should probably mention this in the proposal, it's not very clear from the timeline.