Thu, Jun 30
Wed, Jun 29
The survey’s now ready to be launched. The last updates included:
Tue, Jun 28
Added comments related to the coffee roll to T299033#8032181.
Mon, Jun 27
Fri, Jun 24
That sounds good @cooltey — ,and let’s work towards having more structured data in the future, that only features one signature; the one in the header of the message! 🚀
Thu, Jun 23
Thanks for creating the task @JTannerWMF. After looking at it with fresh eyes, I suggest keeping the designs simple, like this:
- Submitted the Survey privacy statement request form
- Related information:
- Email thread: [foundation-optional] Updated Survey Privacy Statement Request Process
- Onboarding survey for Android - Google Docs
- Previous privacy statement: Legal:Wikipedia Android App Talk Page Survey Privacy Statement - Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki
looks good so far @cooltey – one question related to talk page signatures:
@cooltey – the apk in the ticket description seems outdated – I used this one to review:
Tue, Jun 21
Mon, Jun 20
Fri, Jun 10
It’d be great if @Dbrant or @cooltey could take a shot at implementing this, based on existing components in the app. I’ll happily review it thoroughly when it’s in design signoff. Trusting you with this 💯. Thanks
I just reviewed this and think the side panel design, which is reduced to showing the title of the talk page and listing topics, is exactly what it needs to be. Enhanced functionality, like search, amount of replies per topic, and last comment per topic, is available on the detail screen.
Thu, Jun 9
How does this look? I have applied the correct color group to icons and text.
Wed, Jun 8
This is great, @cooltey — you got them all!
Tue, Jun 7
looks good to me – thanks @cooltey
Jun 3 2022
Jun 2 2022
Should we introduce the same input dialog for the rollback button as we currently do for the undo button?
This looks ideal to me @Dbrant 👏
Jun 1 2022
I added Variant C: Bottom to T308750#7961162. Variant C: Top is almost identical but works better IMO, because:
May 31 2022
I'm not sure I understand how this would help this situation - doesn't that link compare two versions, and this situation is talking about when there is only one version of the page?
Looks pretty good to me, @cooltey 👏 — I think let’s get the approval of legal first before we invest time in fine-tuning it. CC: @JTannerWMF @LGoto as we might want to discuss this in the planning meeting tonight (added it to the agenda).
User feedback on Google Play from May 29, 2022:
User feedback by email on May 30, 2022:
User feedback by email on May 26, 2022:
User feedback by email on May 23, 2022:
May 26 2022
- Can we think about how these variants will behave when the user has already entered some search text (i.e. when we're already displaying search results based on the current query)? The UX should still allow the user to switch between different namespaces for the currently-entered search term. It's not clear how variants A, C, or D would behave in such a case.
I timeboxed this to ~ 2 hours and explored a few directions. This is how the “empty state” of the search looks currently:
May 25 2022
May 24 2022
01) Per our previous discussion on slack, please add a find in page shortcut here 👇
All looks good to me now @cooltey — thanks!
May 23 2022
Example of how it could be handled (blue/green for all additions):
02) Can we add the talk page title/subject, to the view after tapping + NEW TOPIC and REPLY for context?
New topic: Add talk page name
Reply Add talk page subject
May 20 2022
01) To me it’s a bit unclear why certain topics are displayed when performing a search, see the example below where the search term toc is likely part of a reply in subjects listed as a search result:
May 19 2022
@JTannerWMF done ✅