Thanks @Volker_E, configuring it with svgo.json sounds like an excellent idea!
Hey @Volker_E, thanks for the feedback, here’s the new delivery:
Mon, Oct 14
We need to give people more background on how Suggested edit tasks help to improve Wikipedia, as participants were asking for context for the actions they’re taking.
- 03) Apply correct font-size for article description & image caption card feed CTA, according to Zeplin (font-size: 14sp; line-height: 1)
- 04) Apply new consistent CTA style in Explore feed for all SE cards.
- 06a) Update label to “ADD ARTICLE DESCRIPTION”
- 06b) Update label to “ADD IMAGE CAPTION”
- 06c) Only show language in parenthesis in snackbar after an image caption translation (in this case I just added one)
Hey @Volker_E, here you go!
Fri, Oct 11
Thanks & sounds good @cooltey
Thu, Oct 10
Looks good @cooltey, the animation is... perfect! It’s great to see that this kind of onboarding “hack” really works in practice. Two minor optimizations:
The “Suggested edits” label is cut off on my Pixel 3 (Android 10, Wikipedia `2.7.50300-alpha-2019-10-10). Moving this back to “Did not pass QA” for now.
Wed, Oct 9
Good catch @Charlotte, updated!
Updated the task’s description with the latest infos in T231445#5555636.
Tue, Oct 8
1 color_group_41 still reflects old colors.. may be a caching problem?
Mon, Oct 7
Thu, Oct 3
Adding the notes from design review here:
Tue, Oct 1
Mon, Sep 30
Good morning @Sharvaniharan 👋
Fri, Sep 27
Thu, Sep 26
@Johan: screens aren’t really up to date with the written language in the task (sorry for that). So these (valid) comments of yours were referring to outdated copy:
Hey @cooltey, good catch. I think we don’t need date for Suggested edit cards as this info isn’t adding value and does not matter that much (as opposed to “On this day” or “In the news” cards). Language on the other hand is crucial as it indicates the origin language of the card to users.
- Is this tool tip text finalized? https://app.zeplin.io/project/57a120b91998d8977642a238/screen/5d6fe67366c07d187b8ac732
Tue, Sep 24
I did not find a color group for the inner circle background for Edit quality stats icon:
Fri, Sep 20
Of course I liked my own idea from our call earlier of having a greyed-out translate button that then led users into a set languages flow, but I look forward to seeing how much better a thing you can come up with. 😄
Hey @Sharvaniharan, thanks again for the good catch about the Multilingual teaser. Yes, we’re moving it in V3 and going with another, more integrated flow. Added a section to the task’s description that describes the new flow for teasing languages:
Done @Charlotte 🎯
Thu, Sep 19
Is there a zeplin mock up for this... It is ok if we don't, I was able to guess most measurements ... and we can fix the styles during review.
Hey @Sharvaniharan, good questions!
Wed, Sep 18
We definitely do not want to give the false impression that a user's account is blocked when we are only pausing or disabling a feature within the app, not doing anything to their account.
Thanks @Johan, I think wasn’t quite clear enough about the disabled states. There are 3 states of ”disabled”:
Notes from the call with @Volker_E on September 17:
- VE likes the general direction and the thinking
- Language icon
- Having it in the center is probably the right thing
- Visual balance/importance of it and having it representing our diversity alone could be problematic
- Is in the critique (T210865)
- Imagery should work responsively
- RS will create Mobile version that can be used for html <picture>
- Icons that can be considered for next iteration (see OOUI icons)
- Audio / sound
- Half brightness
Tue, Sep 17
The Suggested edits tab won't be shown for logged-out users @Sharvaniharan...
Mon, Sep 16
Closing this one, as it has been evaluated here:
Sep 16 2019
Alright @Volker_E, went through an exploration phase for it:
Sep 13 2019
Looks good on the screenshot @Sharvaniharan, thanks for your willingness to go the extra mile!
Sep 12 2019
I’m afraid but 2-3 words per line is not a passable solution, it’s not readable.