Feb 4 2022
Update: This has yet to be worked on for the critical happy path of the portal since the onboarding flow is subject to change
No personas have been researched or defined but there has been the API User spreadsheet that has been developed with the Partnerships team
@BPirkle point of contact with SRE on requesting metrics to maybe inform this
Feb 1 2022
Pivoted to allowing API producers to generate their own specifications and allow githooks to handle the publication of those API descriptions
Jan 31 2022
As @MPhamWMF stated above, there is no actionable next steps for the data access level of increasing sustainability of WCQS.
Jan 27 2022
There are 673 accounts that begin and end with a tilde. (Begins with tilde 1078).
Jan 20 2022
Jan 19 2022
A question I'm needing to validate is whether displaying the number of contributors would simply be helpful or seeing a list of actual people actively working on the tool project itself.
Jan 18 2022
Sure thing, let me know if this is descriptive enough.
Jan 14 2022
Jan 13 2022
Jan 11 2022
Jan 10 2022
Dec 22 2021
Hi @Aklapper, we are still interested to get the list of MediaWiki core or extension contributors. This task should remain open given the original ask if you do have the capacity for it.
Dec 21 2021
Work required to resolve the breaking change:
- If the service will continue to run on toolforge, the service must be upgraded from python2 to python3.
- The service currently leverages the legacy IFTTT API and should migrate to the new IFTTT API
- The service should move off of toolforge to a more reliable infrastructure
IFTTT got back with some insights on usage:
- 35k daily active users* and 60k Applet runs per day before the incident
- A breakdown of those 60k applets as of Sept 2021:
- Articles added to a category: 615
- Article of the day: 7108
- Article receives high number of edits 48
- New article was created: 17,801
- New edit from specific user: 12
- New edit to article in category: 0
- New edit to specific article: 234
- Picture of the day: 5817
- Word of the day: 28562
- Total: 60197
- Wikipedia on IFTTT only supports read-only (no update/creation of articles)
Dec 20 2021
Dec 18 2021
Dec 17 2021
Request for allow list task submitted to SRE via https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T297968
For whoever picks this up, please reach out and I can provide the expected traffic they have provided.
Dec 16 2021
Dec 14 2021
Dec 13 2021
Sure thing @MPhamWMF do you know the severity of this issue? I'll prioritize accordingly
For the next steps, I will be creating an initial form for this and future requests to be allow-listed for maps data usage.
A RACI will be created to ensure there is a clear understanding for everyone involved moving forward.
Dec 10 2021
Spoke to @Niharika @Prtksxna and looking to kickoff near Mid-January.
Need to find availability with @tstarling and understand when Parsing work will be wrapped up to transition to working on IP Masking