A question I'm needing to validate is whether displaying the number of contributors would simply be helpful or seeing a list of actual people actively working on the tool project itself.
Tue, Jan 18
Sure thing, let me know if this is descriptive enough.
Fri, Jan 14
Thu, Jan 13
Tue, Jan 11
Mon, Jan 10
Wed, Dec 22
Hi @Aklapper, we are still interested to get the list of MediaWiki core or extension contributors. This task should remain open given the original ask if you do have the capacity for it.
Tue, Dec 21
Work required to resolve the breaking change:
- If the service will continue to run on toolforge, the service must be upgraded from python2 to python3.
- The service currently leverages the legacy IFTTT API and should migrate to the new IFTTT API
- The service should move off of toolforge to a more reliable infrastructure
IFTTT got back with some insights on usage:
- 35k daily active users* and 60k Applet runs per day before the incident
- A breakdown of those 60k applets as of Sept 2021:
- Articles added to a category: 615
- Article of the day: 7108
- Article receives high number of edits 48
- New article was created: 17,801
- New edit from specific user: 12
- New edit to article in category: 0
- New edit to specific article: 234
- Picture of the day: 5817
- Word of the day: 28562
- Total: 60197
- Wikipedia on IFTTT only supports read-only (no update/creation of articles)
Dec 20 2021
Dec 18 2021
Dec 17 2021
Request for allow list task submitted to SRE via https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T297968
For whoever picks this up, please reach out and I can provide the expected traffic they have provided.
Dec 16 2021
Dec 14 2021
Dec 13 2021
Sure thing @MPhamWMF do you know the severity of this issue? I'll prioritize accordingly
For the next steps, I will be creating an initial form for this and future requests to be allow-listed for maps data usage.
A RACI will be created to ensure there is a clear understanding for everyone involved moving forward.
Dec 10 2021
Spoke to @Niharika @Prtksxna and looking to kickoff near Mid-January.
Need to find availability with @tstarling and understand when Parsing work will be wrapped up to transition to working on IP Masking
Update from my side, I am reaching out to the IFTTT team to understand the cause of break in integration, what the impact was for users of these and a better understanding of usage.
Dec 9 2021
Task has been estimated and ready to groom
Meeting with the Campaigns team Mon, Dec 13 for initial discussion
Dec 8 2021
when a user selects a language that is not currently supported/not 100% translated?
Do we have a canonical source to query % of content translated? I like this idea but afraid it might be difficult to display based on how complete our translations are for a given language.
Dec 7 2021
Sorry, @apaskulin Could you remind me of steps to reproduce this? I remember we spoke about it but can't recall exactly where in the flow this should occur
@apaskulin For keys created in the API portal, are the following permissions granted for all keys?
- Read pages
- Create and edit pages
- Edit protected pages
@Slst2020 Do you know if this occurs anywhere else other than the Add/remove tool page?
Move to the backlog to groom and add criteria.
Still need to validate intentions of the list feature for tool users and maintainers