Wed, Apr 7
Can you clarify what exactly needs to be fixed in the scope of this task?
I've found, that some articles have Notes as a separate section, and some — as embedded.
Mon, Apr 5
Wed, Mar 31
Tue, Mar 30
I've tried to reproduce the issue and have some questions/info to share about
Fri, Mar 26
@ssastry Yes, I've uploaded a patch using this approach. In addition, I want to mention that not only section with id=1 can show the issue but with id=0, so I've implemented fix for both cases. Also, I've added additional filtering for collapse tables to make sure that lazy loading is applied to their inner images even if that tables are inside the first two sections.
Also, I've checked this issue in a different articles (this might be useful when testing on local environment):
- localhost/en.wikipedia.org/v1/page/mobile-html/WYSIWYG - this one from description, image is inside section id=1
- localhost/de.wikipedia.org/v1/page/mobile-html/Great_Western_Railway - image is inside section id=0
- localhost/de.wikipedia.org/v1/page/mobile-html/IBM - image inside collapse table inside section id=0
Thu, Mar 25
Wed, Mar 24
As I mentioned before, I need some attribute for incoming images to intercept them in prepareImage() method. Also, I've tested a filter function for the first image and this approach did not work well because in this particular article there is an image wrapped by display-none section. Other articles probably can have such kind of hidden images so we are unable to prevent lazy load just for the first image on the page.
I've researched this issue. This is how lazy loading applied to the images:
- All images intercept by prepareImage() method in MobileHTML class (link)
- Inside that method images push into this.lazyLoadableImages array and then passed one by one to finalizeStep -> LazyLoad.convertImageToPlaceholder(this.doc, node); method (link).
- When a single image passes to convertImageToPlaceholder, it receives special classes and attributes for lazy loading behavior
Mon, Mar 22
Fri, Mar 19
Wed, Mar 17
- Inside prepareTable() intercept tables with class pcs-collapse-table except infobox. We don't need infobox, because even if they have math symbols, their header text generate from th.infobox-above, th.plainlist etc. th tag in the tables which we need has only span.mwe-math-element.
- Inside each specific table init document.createTreeWalker() to find relevant img tags and store their URL into array.
- Pass this array into newCollapsedHeaderDiv().
- Invoke this function inside newCaptionFragment(), check if each array element of headerText is matching to URL regexp.
- Generate table for math images, style it and insert into collapse table title.
Mar 7 2021
Mar 4 2021
- In Java article there is an anchor tag
Hi @MSantos , @Sharvaniharan !
Does this bug relate to the mobileapps eventually? I've checked the incoming response here.
It seems, that this broken link is building on some other level of the application, because I receive it in response as-is.
Could you point me where to find the source of this bug?
Mar 3 2021
Mar 1 2021
Steps to reproduce on the local environment
Run application ( mobileapps ), check 'black' and 'dark' themes by adding '?theme=black' and '?theme=dark' as a parameter. Example:
Feb 25 2021
Feb 23 2021
Feb 22 2021
Feb 17 2021
Jan 29 2021
Jan 20 2021
Jan 15 2021
Hi! I've tried to reproduce the issue on Android platform. I've tested "Random article" function with over 300 items but did not get duplicates.