Update patch set 3
Patch Set 3:
I mostly agree with the proposed changes to getArgs.lua. Especially, the removal of parent frame access when we don't know what the parent is seems like a good idea. The wrappers option is a superior way of dealing with this, and removing the old behaviour now will allow module writers to update their modules without breaking anything.
I do wonder if some module writers would want to have the option to make frame args have precedence over parent frame args when a wrapper template is specified. This is how I originally conceived of enwiki's [[Module:Protection banner]] working, for example, although now it uses a config module for configuration of its various wrapper templates.
No plus or minus mark for now, as I've only checked the code visually. I'll report back after I've played around with it a bit, and after I've managed to get phpunit working again.