Here are tasks that would be suitable for the Wikimania hackathon.
[[ http://wikidocumentaries-demo.wmflabs.org/ | Wikidocumentaries ]] is a website where users can find media in GLAM collections around the world. By engaging with interesting content, they will enrich the media and include that content and data to Wikimedia projects. To allow users to write data and media to Wikimedia projects, we need to make registration easier and allow OAuth.
Starting to write data will enable adding found images to Wikimedia Commons and enriching their metadata, allow users to fix and edit data on Wikidata items straight from the Wikidocumentaries page, make possible adding new data, items and source information to Wikidata from federated queries relating to each topic and create a platform for a variety of crowdsourcing tools.
Wikidocumentaries will make all Wikimedia content accessible equally in all languages. All information in Wikidocumentaries is linked using Wikidata QIDs. Wikipedia article relating to a specific Wikidata item can be read in other languages if it is missing in the user's language or translated easily. There is remaining work in making all languages work.
Wikidocumentaries allows users to write testimonials and other thematic writings about Wikidata topics in addition to the related Wikipedia articles. The Wikidocumentaries wiki is the place to write these articles, but how to link them to the Wikidata item? There could be several articles relating to the same topic, and there could be translations of these in several languages. The translations should be kept together while they are all in the same wiki. The testimonials are not collaboratively written articles, instead they should be treated as primary sources and edited only by their creators. The information could be saved in the local Wikibase. How to architect this?
Links in embedded Wikipedia articles are redirected to pages created based on their QIDs. Articles that are created in Wikidocumentaries, should have links that are only based on the QID. To allow this for ordinary users, VisualEditor should be made to create links based on QIDs.
* Enable user registration to Wikidocumentaries wiki via the front-end and enable OAuth for editing Wikimedia projects
* Install VisualEditor
* Prototype an add-on to VisualEditor that makes links based on Wikidata items.
**Structured Data on Commons**
* Enhance media search and metadata retrieval from SDC
* Enable media and metadata upload and update to Wikimedia Commons
* Make translations to new languages
* Automate new translation inclusion
* Fix language bugs: recognise and route all language codes correctly, and other language-related routing challenges
* Link local articles to Wikidata items and store the link in the Wikidocumentaries Wikibase
* Create photo geotagging interface and solve data storage
* Include map georectification interface and solve data storage T227036