This task is about implementing a new experience for your own, not-yet-created, user talk page.
=== User stories
**Understanding the purpose of your user talk page**
- As a Junior Contributor who has clicked a link to //my own// user talk page that not-yet-been-created, I want to understand the purpose of the page [i] I am now viewing, so that I can decide whether I should engage with the page more deeply or leave/go somewhere else.
**Initiating a conversation**
- As a Junior Contributor who has clicked a link to //my own// user talk page that not-yet-been-created and who has a question they would like to ask/a topic they want to discuss with others, I want to know there are better places to start a conversation about said question/topic than on my own user talk page, so that I can increase the likelihood another person will respond with helpful information.
- As a Junior Contributor who has just published a question/thought to my own user talk page for the **first time**, I want to know that it is unlikely for other people to see what I just published, so that I am not surprised when I do not hear back from someone else.
This section will contain designs for the "empty my own user talk page" experiences on **mobile** and **desktop**.
- In all cases (T274831, T277329, and T274832) talk pages that have not-yet-been-created should continue to appear as red in the same way(s) and places they currently do.
- The empty state the person viewing their *own* user talk page sees should be //different// from the empty state everyone else will see when viewing that same page. The key difference between these two versions of the empty states in this case are:
-- The empty state someone viewing their *own* user talk page will see will:
--- NOT contain a call to action.
--- Contain copy that is different from the version everyone else will see.
=== Open questions
- [x] What – if any – reason(s) might there be for the empty state design to encourage people to "create" their own user talk page?
-- For this first iteration, the design will not emphasize any call to action.
- [ ] Is it technically feasible for someone who is logged in as `Tom` to see a version of the not-yet-created `User talk: Tom` that is different from the version someone who is //NOT// logged in as `Tom` will see ?
- [ ] Designs for mobile and desktop that fulfill the stories defined above are posted to the `Mockups` section.
i. Purpose of the page: the space where other volunteers will communicate with "me" about the edits "I" have made and/or may consider making to the wiki.