Some edits require a bit of explanation. Our automatic edit summaries don't cover this completely. Therefore we should offer a way for experienced editors to provide more insight into edits.
* It should be a gadget
* It needs to be unobtrusive
* It needs to give about 5 to 7 default explanations to chose from so they're still translatable. This list should depend on edit context - so for example be specific to edits in sitelinks.
* Get the list of default explanations.
* Bene's UI concept for surfacing the edit summaries is very good. It does not cover the selection part yet but instead lets the user enter free form text. This should only be a last resort for us as it can't be translated.
* Bene's code is at [[ https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Bene*/statementfilter.js | User:Bene*/statementfilter.js ]] and should be built upon.