**List of steps to reproduce** (step by step, including full links if applicable):
* goto* Search train in MediaSearch so that you arrive at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page in an anonymous window/index.php?search=train&title=Special:MediaSearch&go=Go
* type "Domaine Solvay" in the search bar; end up on https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=Domaine+Solvay&title=Special:MediaSearch&go=GoSwitch the tab to anything different
* click on "Categories and Pages", end up on https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=Domaine+Solvay&title=Special:MediaSearch&go=Go&type=page
* click on "Namespace: All"
* click on "Custom"
* click on "Category" (and uncheck "Gallery" which usually makes up most of the results and makes it difficult to find a category)*What happens?**:
* click on Submit* You get "We didn't find any results Try more general terms or check your spelling"
* click on Category:Domaine Solvay and end up on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Domaine_Solvay
Categories are not shown under "Categories and Pages", finding categories requires way too many clicks and howto.No API calls are being made when switching the tab
**What should have happened instead?**:
* Searching in "Categories and Pages" should return categories
* Searching should return categories as it used to
* In my opinion searching for categories should be more easily achievable with its own tab instead of "Categories and Pages"Upon clicking a new tab, MediaSearch should query the search and display the result.
**Software version (if not a Wikimedia wiki), browser information, screenshots, other information, etc**:
Firefox 93 in private browsing mode (aka logged out), Wikimedia Commons
Search results in a different tab appear only after reloading the page.