After ResourceLoader made scripts async the performance profile has probably changed a lot and we should re-run this audit and see what else we can find out.
See initial description ⬇️ and comments for the previous audit and discussion.
We need an in depth audit of the mobile site performance.
Take a look at this example: https://github.com/reddit/reddit-mobile/issues/247
- Initial loading
- Analysis of timeline and network waterfall.
- Usability through loading (Not usable, scrollable, style flashes, usable, etc).
- Timeline of screenshots through loading.
- Assets size (CSS, JS).
- Agregated time spent on each section (loading, CSS, JS parsing & execution, etc.)
- Deep dive
- Analysis & in-detail data
- Repeat to next topic
- Summary and conclusions
- Recommendations and ideas
[ ] In-depth audit has been done for the mobile web. Publish draft for team consumption and analysis.
[ ] Several developers have gone through the audit, validated the information posted and the problems found.
[ ] Publicly send the audit of the site.
Next: Hypothesis, areas of work, and matching with existing subtasks of parent task.