I would like to translate an article, but a version already exists. We should add support for this, so that the Content Translation tool loads the existing article contents and lets me expand it.
The existing content on the target article can be shown on top of the translation, with actions to make it easy to move the existing paragraphs to the right place of the translation (or discard them). The idea is illustrated below:
- A greyed-out area and a message explains that there is content for the current article.
- "Discard all existing content" action allows to discard the previous content completely.
- Actions to "cut" are provided for each paragraph. Users can use them to pick a paragraph to add it to the translation.
- Once a paragraph is selected, several new options appear.
- Each paragraph cut icon turns into a checkbox to allow users to select multiple paragraphs to be moved at once.
- On the translation, an action to "paste" is made available between each paragraph. This allows to move the selected paragraphs there.
- On the top of the selection area, an indicator of the items selected with options to delete the paragraphs (trashcan icon) or exit the paste mode ("done") are provided.