Nov 2020 update
So I looked at a small gap here:
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101579997 (created & deleted)
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101579998 (created @ 1:41)
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101579999 (skipped)
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101580000 (skipped)
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101580001 (skipped)
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101580002 (created @ 1:44)
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101580003 (skipped)
- https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q101580004 (created @ 1:47)
So the skips don't even appear to be during a time of mass creations?
I think the best way to investigate this would probably to be to add some fairly verbose logging around the entity creation flows in it's own log channel?
- When Special:NewItem starts the process of creating a new item?
- When wbeditentity start the process of creating a new item?
- When an ID is claimed in the IdGenerator
This should then allow us to progress toward seeing exactly which requests end up generating an ID that end up not completing / saving an entity.
> After http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q50450 there are many skipped IDs. They're not deleted. Next page after Q50450 is Q50464.
> What is going on?