The existing Grant Metrics event setup screen offers a simple way to create a new event. With the expansions intendted for Event Metrics, we'll be adding new data—primarily descriptive data to make the event more understandable and possibly more sortable in future.
Also, because we plan to add [[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Tools_for_program_and_event_organizers#/media/File:Event-data-screen-wireframe-10-1-18.png | a lot of metrics to the main event data screen ]], we will be move the Categories and Participants tools from those to Event Setup.
The goal is for Event Setup to become the central location for entering event data and establishing all event filters.
=Exisiting event setup fields and tools (all to remain)
- + Add wikis
- +All Wikipedias
- **Time**, with calendars and clock tools
- **Time Zone**
=New fields/tools/navigation to be added
Optional fields here are labeled with a *
- ***Description** [a short, free-text field] *
- ***Event type** [menu !!content requires validation with users!!]
- Content drive
- Photo drive
- Photo walk
- ***Event partners** [Free text field]
- ***% Women (estimated) **
- # of males [number field; maximum 5 digits]
- # of females [number field; maximum 5 digits]
- ***Location** [Free text field to be interpreted by organizer] !!Does this make sense to include or should we skip?!!
-*[**Worklist tool**—to be defined]
- **A slug** above the page title will announce the name of the page: Create and edit event
- **Navigation** to 'Event Summary' page and 'All event edits' pages.
=Tools to be moved from the event data screen
= Design considerations
- We need a way for the design to show which fields are optional.