## Top priorities
### Strengthen: Build out the REST API
- Focus on speeding up [high-traffic end points](https://grafana.wikimedia.org/#/dashboard/db/api-requests) by making them cacheable
- Ensure overall API consistency while publishing new services.
### Focus: Set up an event bus and change propagation solution
- In collaboration with #analytics, set up a shared publish / subscribe event bus, and define a set of common events (edits, renames, account creations etc).
- Design and implement a basic dependency tracking system with the ability to track dependencies across projects.
- Leverage the event bus and dependency tracking system to proactively propagate changes.
### Experiment: Prototype an API-driven web front-end
- In collaboration with the reading & performance teams, prototype a client / edge side API-driven front-end with support for device / connectivity / use case / user customization.
- Goal: Gather information to inform our longer-term front-end strategy
- Determine API gaps.
- Define page component interfaces.
- Estimate the effort needed for a full production version.