Weekly reports for the task T115158 will be available here.
**4th to 18th May, 2017**
- Joined the Zulip server for participants
- Introduced myself on Wikitech-I mailing list
- Updated my MediaWiki user page
- Made a blog post and linked it to the Outreachy's Mediawiki page
- Finalized code on an ongoing translator https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/1289
- Took suggestions from mentors for the sample translator for the documentation.
- Finalize the medium and the time of communication with the mentors for the duration of internship
- Finalize the sample translator, most probably it will be mediawiki.org but need to take a look at http://publications.copernicus.org/ and http://www.20minutos.es/ before making a final decision
**18th-25th May, 2017**
- Studied existing translators (Wikipedeia.js, Wikisource.js) that were relevant to know how to go about translator for Wikimedia.
- Went through user guide for Visual editor.
**25th May - 1st June, 2017**
- Documented [section 1](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Mine0901/sandbox#Zotero_translators) and 2.
- Got [The Globe and Mail](https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/1291) merged.
- Made second blog [post](https://mine0901.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/outreachy-with-wikimedia-18th-may-1st-june-2017/).
- Updated mentors about my work.
**2nd - 8th June, 2017**
- Documented [section 3](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Mine0901/sandbox#Required_software).
- Prepared a translator for [Oxford Reference](https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/1325).
- Made third blog [post](https://mine0901.wordpress.com/2017/06/08/outreachy-with-wikimedia-2nd-8th-june-2017/).
- Updated mentors about my work.
**9th June - 15th June, 2017**
- Documented [section 4](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Mine0901/sandbox#Required_Concepts).
- Refining the translator I am working on, planning to include Embedded Metadata.js in it as suggested by a developer who reviewed it.
- Studying Zotero's [documentation](https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/translators/coding) for coding translators.
- Start writing translator for Wikimedia and include its code in [section 5](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Mine0901/sandbox#Common_code_blocks_in_translators).
- Make forth blog post.
- Finish the ongoing work and pick another requested website for translation.
**16th to 22nd July, 2017**
- Completed [section 5](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Mine0901/sandbox#Common_code_blocks_in_translators) on common coding bloack in a Zotero translator.
- Started section 6 that will hold the documentation of mediawiki translator.
- Attended first IRC meeting with fellow Outreachy and GSoC interns.
- Made commits for Oxford Reference translator.
- Used existing Embedded Metadata translator in other translator.
- Made [6th blog post](https://mine0901.wordpress.com/2017/06/24/outreachy-with-wikimedia-16th-to-22nd-june-2017/).
**23rd to 29th June, 2017**
- Wrote Wikimedia translator
- Documented Section 6
- Made 7th blog post
**30th June to 6th July, 2017**
- Finalized the table of contents for the first draft
- Finished doc on the working example
- Submitted a PR for [TV with the numbers](https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/1360) translator
- Made 8th [blogpost](https://mine0901.wordpress.com/2017/07/07/outreachy-with-wikimedia-30th-to-6th-july-2017/)
**7th July to 13th July, 2017**
- Finished doc on test cases and locating translator
- Updated pending PR as per suggestions
- Proofread the complete doc and submitted for mid-term evaluation.
**14th July 20th July, 2017**
- Updated [BBC translator](https://github.com/zotero/translators/pull/1371) to handle old pages.
- Learned what CSS selectors are.
- Completed section on translator's deployment on Citoid.
- Made [blog post](https://mine0901.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/outreachy-with-wikimedia-7th-to-20th-july-2017/) for 9th and 10th week
- Finish section on selectors and essential methods(text, attr, querySelector, querySelectorAll)
- Update the mediawiki translator XPath->CSS selectors