The ERI features being added to RC Page will be added as a beta feature on [[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Objective_Revision_Evaluation_Service#Support_table | wikis for which the relevant two ORES tests are available ]]. On the selected wikis, the ORES feature will be broadened to reflect the fact that it now includes improved filtering. Parts of this task include:
- Formulate wording changes to reflect broader scope.
- Consider whether the beta feature should be renamed.
- Redesign thumbnail graphic to reflect new data-display designs, if appropriate.
- Make a plan for the RC Preferences page on ORES-enabled wikis, which includes an option to set ORES "sensitivity". [[ https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciaal:Voorkeuren#mw-prefsection-rc | See example page on nl.wiki. ]]
Below find a screenshot of the current ORES beta (displayed on nlwiki).
# Onboarding process
**Beta feature invite**
Initially, the new Recent Changes filters can be enabled from the beta features page. in order to make the feature more visible where it is more relevant, we can consider to provide a more prominent entry point from the current Recent Changes page:
- Users can enable the beta feature in just one click.
- A "more details" option is provided to access the information about the beta feature (it should go to the same information page linked from the beta feature page).
- The "X" to close the panel makes it no longer appear for the user.
When the user gets to the updated Recent Changes page for the first time (as part of the former invite, by manually activating the beta feature, or because the feature became default for everyone), an introductory message is provided:
- The graphic on the left represents main concepts of the system like tags and highlights. the different pieces can appear at different times as part of an animation to better communicate the dynamic nature of the filter system.
- Short sentences communicate the man points: (a) combine filters to find the contributions you want to review, and (b) new powerful filters with new capabilities are available.
** Where to provide feedback **
Only for those users that enabled the feature using the invite in the Recent Changes page, a popover will inform about the beta feature page to be the place to provide feedback (and disable the beta feature). Otherwise, those users may not have a clue on where to go in order to do so.