Umbrella for map related tasks. Map section will be further developed later.
- The map should be made non-zoomable by default, and zoomable after click
- The starting point for nearby items is the map center, and not the item coordinates. Often the nearby items are displayed from far from the item itself.
- The fallback language for nearby items should be fixed
- The zoom level seems to be based on the historical map. The level should better reflect the topic’s scale (but how)
- The historical maps should not be displayed as default
- Better design of map pins: Display basic data, Image opens Image Viewer, make clustering display for map pins (can also be a collection of images for an item)
- Display any gallery component as map if data exists
- Manage historical maps sources similarly to image sources: Similar design for grid, similar menus for actions, display in the ImageViewer but with map tools
- Read shapes from external repositories, saving them in Wikimedia Commons or Open Historical Map or elsewhere in the context of the topic.
- Establish story components and use to create map stories
- Display data overlays (which ones, how are they linked, stored etc)
- - Link datasets to a topic
Scanned maps workflow / Map tools (work with interfaces, many features exist already)
- Wikimaps Warper (use existing API, create lightweight interfaces)
- Geographic map search (exists, make more prominent, fix errors)
- ID for OpenHistoricalMap