This task is about implementing the changes necessary to ensure the "right people" are are included in the Reply Tool A/B test in the "right way."
=== Bucketing criteria
People who meet **all** of the "Conditions" listed below, ought to have a 50% chance of being bucketed into the A/B test's `control` or `test` group.
- Editing at the following Wikipedias: //TBD; see T267379.//
- Have **not** used the Reply Tool before.
-- In this context, "not used" is being defined as people whose `discussiontools-editmode` preference is **empty**.
- People who are logged in
Two additional notes:
1. Bucketing ought to be done a per wiki basis.
2. The software will need to remember that someone was included in the A/B test so they are not mistakenly removed from it.
=== Open questions
- [x] 1. Does this task need to be blocked on having defined the list of Wikipedias that will be participating in the test? //See: T267379.//
-- Moot point as T267379 has been resolved.
- [ ] 2. What should happen when someone from the `control` group manually enables the Reply Tool in `Special:Preferences`? Should them changing their preference cause them to be added to the `test` group? Should their usage of the Reply Tool, that they would have manually enabled, be considered part of the `control` group?
- [ ] The "Bucketing criteria" above have been implemented
- [ ] Verify on Beta that the code required to assign people to the `test` and `control` groups is working as expected.
//Note: verification that people are being bucketed as expected will happen in T268193.//