Callsigns are a Big Deal. They are the reason it's impossible for me to use diffusion in my typical use case i.e. quickly looking at a file I did not checkout: the unpredictability of the URL forces people to use GitHub, where we have an easy URL structure.
3000 $ (https://secure.phabricator.com/T4245#116063) is a very reasonable price to pay for such an obnoxious problem to be eliminated.
Resolved questions in Greg's opinion:
* who is responsible of such a process:
** @greg is.
* which directors/managers, if any, have any spending authority for such contracts:
** @greg does
* exact amount of the spending authority;
** <insert dollar amount here> [the unknown amount is allegedly more than sufficient for these needs]
* exact process to get specific jobs performed;
** <insert exact process here> [allegedly, the "Upstreamed" column in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/phabricator-upstream/ doesn't already clearly identify remaining issues in separate tasks, however no other process is known for requests to upstream]
* whether other people also have spending authority, see e.g. T106130#2115462.
** <insert authoritative answer, rather than personal opinion, here> [allegedly irrelevant as they would defer to @greg whose team owns Phabricator maint and development]