The Android team needs a means of maintaining counts of qualifying edits with various characteristics per user. A WIP prototype is currently implemented as a MediaWiki extension hooking into the PageContentSaveComplete event to update counts as appropriate.
Counts will be maintained in a new extension providing for special-purpose counters
- to be moved into Gerrit as ConfigurableCounters (request pending at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/New_repositories/Requests)
Edit counts to maintain:
1) For the title descriptions task list: **in-app** edits of **title descriptions**
- **To unlock:** **5 logged-in in-app description** edits + 48h waiting period complete
- What to do about enwiki?
- Cannot edit WD descriptions in-app, but it is technically possible to edit local descriptions via lead section editing
- Maybe add a LocalDescriptionChanged hook?
2) For the image captions task list: **in-app** edits of **title descriptions** AND **image captions**
- **To unlock:** **50 logged-in in-app description OR image caption edits** + 48h waiting period complete
**On revert** (of ANY edit by the user): **reset** the counter for the next stage to unlock to 0
=== Open questions
- How should we handle local descriptions on enwiki?
- Should this only count edits specifically made through a special purpose endpoint (e.g., a RESTBase facade)?