"Phan" is a static analyser for PHP: https://github.com/etsy/phan(https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration) now runs Phan.
[Phan](https://github.com/etsy/phan) is a static code analyser for PHP.
[MediaWiki continuous integration]Phan highlighted a lot of issues.
Until those issues are fixed in the MediaWiki core code repository, these issues have been temporarily suppressed (so they will not be shown) in the `suppress_issue_types` array [in Phan's config.php file](https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/MW/browse/master/tests/phan/config.php;fbb1f742435c1d1eb3b31bf980e0682fc509b8c2$295).
MediaWiki continuous integration (see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration ) now runs Phan and highlighted a lot of issues, which have been temporarily suppressed (so they will not be shown) until those issues are fixed in the MediaWiki core code repository itself.
Fix 10-20 errors and submit your patch in Gerrit! :)
(And when all issues of a certain type are removed from MediaWiki core, they should be removed from `suppress_issue_types`
* PHP 7+
* php-ast extension
** For others, including Windows and building from source see [upstream documentation](https://github.com/nikic/php-ast/blob/master/README.md#installation)
See <You are expected to
* have some basic understanding of PHP
* [install Phan](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration/Phan#Installing_Phan) locally
* manually remove some issue types from the `suppress_issue_types` array
* [run Phan](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Continuous_integration/Phan#Installing_Running_Phan) locally
* check Phan> on how to set it up and run it locally's output
* fix 10-20 of the errors in the output
* submit your patch in Wikimedia Gerrit.