Similar to other types of ac=====Problem to solve
There are some problematic users who continually violate page creation blocks (T6995policies & guidelines, T194529,but should otherwise be retained on the wiki as constructive contributors. for example) there may be cases where a user is constructive everywhere on a wiki except for creating new pages.A sitewide block is not an appropriate way to handle these situations.
It would be useful to be able to *only* block users from creating new pages.
Open questions:* On Special:Block, under 'Actions to block' add a checkbox for `Creating pages`
** The checkbox should be unchecked by default
** The checkbox should be marked as disabled unless the 'Partial' radio button is selected
** If a user toggles either the 'Editing' checkbox or the Sitewide/Partial radio buttons, the checkbox should save whatever state the user configured it as. The state can be discarded on submit if the block is non-editing or sitewide.
* Will a user be able to upload files?hen a block is saved with the 'Creating pages' checkbox selected, the target user should not be able to create new pages in any namespace via API, via any tool in any editor, (currently uploading a file also createsor via any Special page.
** TBD: The 'Create' tab should not appear (sitewide blocked user still see the file page'Create' tab.)
* Will the user be informed before or after** TBD: Clicking redlinks should not take they load user to the editor that their new page w mode (sitewide blocked users are still not be accepted?taken to edit mode)
* Should we allow the creation of subpages? Or subpages of their username?** Error messages should display appropriately inside the user's editor of choice
* Should we allow the creation of pages in the Draft namespaceWhen a Partial block is saved with the 'Creating pages' checkbox selected, the log items should indicate page creation is part of the block
** e.g. //23:20, 26 November 2018 AdminUsername (talk | contribs | block) blocked BadUser (talk | contribs) from editing Page(s) and creating pages with an expiration time of N (autoblock disabled) (unblock | change block)//
** e.g. //23:20, 26 November 2018 AdminUsername (talk | contribs | block) blocked BadUser (talk | contribs) from creating pages with an expiration time of N (autoblock disabled) (unblock | change block)//
** similar log messages should exist for modifying blocks to add or remove upload, and to include namespaces within the partial block
* Special:BlockList should display that a user is blocked from creating pages as a bullet in the 'Block parameters' column
* TBD: When the 'Creating page' checkbox is selected, the 'Uploading files' checkbox should become selected and disabled. (Uploading a file creates the file page.)
====Potential future enhancements:
These are **out of scope** for this ticket, if available?but may need to be built later:
* All wikis to configure if page creation blocks include pages within a Draft namespace
* All wikis to configure if page creation blocks include sub-pages
* All wikis to configure if page creation blocks include sub-pages of the user's userpage.