As an administrator, I want to search the archive table for deleted pages whose title I don't exactly remember, or are similar in nature -- e.g. "Dr. John Smith"**Update**
This is an instruction page for "undelete archiving" functionality, "John Anthony Smith" and "John Smith".
[[ https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard&oldid=676800018#Searching_for_deleted_articles | Discussion on en.wp's admin noticeboard ]]deployed at http://undeltest.wmflabs.org/.
This card tracks a proposal from the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey
This proposal received 37 support votes,== What does it do? ==
It implements the functionality of indexing deleted pages via ElasticSearch (CirrusSearch extension). and was ranked #27 out of 107 proposals.This complements indexing usually available for existing pages, https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Search#Provide_a_means_of_searching_for_so you can now search for partial and unexact matches for the name of the deleted page in Special:Undeleted_ pages.
- Primary mentor: <add yourself>
- Co-mentor: <add yourself>
- Other mentors: <add yourself>
- Estimated project time for a senior contributor:== How can I test it? ==
Note: You may need to fill a captcha when editing - use word "mellon" for it.
# Go to http://undeltest.wmflabs.org/.
# Create a new page, for example "Mac and Cheese" - be creative and invent your own name though, if everybody uses the same title it would not give diverse feedback.
# Login as Admin with the password described here: [[https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki-Vagrant#Quick_start |MediaWiki-Vagrant docs]] at number 7.
# Delete the page you created in (2).
# Go to http://undeltest.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Undelete and search for "'''chease'''" (note partial and inexact match) - again, be creative with your own title but not ''too creative'' - the name should be still close to what you are looking for to be found.
# Observe that the page deleted in (2) is in the list.
# Give us feedback!
- Microtasks:It will look and function, something like this:
== Hackathon coordination== What unholy magic is this? ==
=== Volunteers ===The patches are at:
Volunteers confirmed:https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/281078/ (core part)
* (@YourPhabricatorUsername, #YourIRCUsername, interest & skills volunteered to this project, at the event or remote online?)
Volunteers interested (if you are not yet sure, or want to learn more):https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/281077/ (CirrusSearch part)
You are welcome to review/comment.
== Original description ==
* (@YourPhabricatorUsername,As an administrator, I want to search the archive table for deleted pages whose title I don't exactly remember, or are similar in nature -- e.g. #YourIRCUsername,"Dr. interest & skills volunteered to this projectJohn Smith", at the event or remote online?)"John Anthony Smith" and "John Smith".
[[ https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard&oldid=676800018#Searching_for_deleted_articles | Discussion on en.wp's admin noticeboard ]].
=== Progress report ===This card tracks a proposal from the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey
* (Write down achievementsThis proposal received 37 support votes, blockers requiring attention,and was ranked #27 out of 107 proposals. and other important updates. This information will be priceless at the hackathon showcase and after the event!)https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Search#Provide_a_means_of_searching_for_deleted_pages