**Project Information **
* Name of tool/project: Rollup
* Project home page: https://rollupjs.org/guide/en/
* Name of team requesting review: Design Systems Team (formerly Vue Migration)
* Primary contact: @egardner
* Target date for deployment: Fall 2021
* Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/wvui/+/694972
**Description of the tool/project: **
**Description of how the tool will be used at WMF:**
The Design Systems Team is looking into the current generation of JS module bundlers in relation to two projects: WVUI (which is currently bundled using Webpack, a tool we're looking to move away from), and a possible general-purpose front-end build step for MediaWiki extensions.
Relevant Phab tasks:
* Node.js (version 10, which we already use in CI, is sufficient)
* Some plugins will likely be required for the functionality we need:
** `@rollup/plugin-node-resolve` and `@rollup/plugin-typescript` (which are officially maintained)
** `rollup-plugin-vue` which is maintained by the Vue.js core team
** A few widely-used 3rd-party plugins may also be useful: `rollup-plugin-terser`, `rollup-plugin-styles`
**Has this project been reviewed before?**
I don't believe so.
**Working test environment**
The above Gerrit patch for WVUI demonstrates a way to build the code for the library using Rollup, includes a working configuration file, and is a good example of how this tool would be used.
Design Systems Team and @egardner