This task is about investigating why the Reply Tool widget does not open when clicking a `[reply]` link that is appended to a comment indented with an `*`.
//I am filing this task as per the instructions in [#Could_not_find_the_comment_you're_replying_to_on_the_page](https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:DiscussionTools/Why_can%27t_I_reply_to_this_comment%3F#Could_not_find_the_comment_you're_replying_to_on_the_page). //
1. Visit a discussion page that contains comments indented with both `*` and `:`. //E.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(WMF)#RFC_on_Discussion_Tools_content_corruption //
2. Locate a comment indented with `:`.
-- //E.g. `Oh good. If any other questions come up, please do let me or anyone else know. We're striving to make the work around this project as legible as possible. PPelberg (WMF) (talk) 02:00, 30 October 2020 (UTC)`//
3. Click the `[ reply ]` link that is appended to the comment you located in "Step 2."
4. Notice the Reply Tool widget opens as expected.
5. Locate a comment indented with `*`.
-- //E.g. `WMF devs, another thing: I was replying to a discussion and it was closed between the time I started typing and clicked submit. After doing this, the page refreshed and my entire reply was lost (it was not added as an edit). I think this behaviour is undesirable; an error should be shown or the opportunity to save ones reply. ProcrastinatingReader (talk) 20:40, 16 November 2020 (UTC)`//
6. Click the `[ reply ]` link appended to the comment you located in "Step 5."
7. ❗️Notice the following dialog appears //instead of// the Reply Tool widget opening: `Could not find the comment you're replying to on the page. It might have been deleted or moved to another page. Please reload the page and try again.`
8. Click the `OK` button in the dialog that is shown in "Step 7."
9. Refresh the page per the instructions in the dialog shown in "Step 7."
10. Click the `[ reply ]` link appended to the comment you located in "Step 5."
11. ❗️Notice the same dialog that surfaced in "Step 7." appears
7. ✅ Notice the Reply Tool widget opens
- [ ] "Expected" behavior is implemented