The Number of Changes Selector enables users to select how many changes they wish to see in Recent Changes results.
==Number of Changes Selector Functions
- The selector is accessed by means of a button visible on the main interface. The button shows a downward-facing arrow the currently selected number of changes in the format: Show last X changes.
- Clicking the button opens a menu that lists the following options under "Changes to show": 20, 50, 100, 250, 500
- When the user makes a selection, the following things happen:
# In the menu, the selection remains highlighted in blue
# The top-level button label changes to reflect the new selection (e.g., "Show last 50 changes" becomes "Show last 100 changes").
# The search results update to implement the new limit.
- The menu also includes the following "Sorting" options, with associated radio buttons: "Newest first", "Oldest first"
- Clicking "Oldest first" causes the Results to re-sort, so that the result at the top of the list comes from 30 x 24 hours ago, and all the other changes are displayed in chronological order from that point.
- When results are in "Oldest first" mode:
- The "View newest changes" link is not displayed.
- The "Newer X" and "Older X" pagination buttons continue to do what their names suggest: however, this means the direction of navigation they facilitate is reversed. E.g., "Newer X" takes users "back" away from the RC Page and toward what's now the bottom of the queue (where results are newest), while the "Older X" pagination button takes users toward the top of the queue and the main RC Page (where results are oldest).