Enable multilingual readers to more easily access and read content in multiple languages.
=== User job stories
As a //**multilingual Wikipedia reader**//, I want to...
1. ...allow more than one language to be set in the app, so that I can access feed content in all the different languages I read Wikipedia in.
2. ...be able to quickly search across languages, so that I can easily find articles in all Wikipedia languages I read.
3. ...be shown all relevant search results for articles in all languages I understand, so that I can quickly access the content (and reduce time needed to search and navigating through articles).
=== Rationale (Why are we doing this)
- **Better supports a significant minority of multilingual users.** Data obtained from the iOS app (which already enables user selection of multiple languages) shows that around ~10% of users switching between the language in their searches daily.
- **Improves access to more content for New readers.** Many Indian New readers read content in English as well as in their native Indic languages.  This would allowing such users to access content across the various languages more easily.
- **Builds a foundation to enable content translation contributions on Mobile.** There are plans for example to extend the Content Translation feature to mobile. 
=== Core tasks
The following may be broken up into further sub-tasks.
- **// Feature/UI development: **//
- Adding multiple language selection to app Settings
- Enable searching in multiple app languages
- Enable feed content to show in multiple app languages, with customization options
- App onboarding - detects device languages and include them as Wikipedia app languages
- **//Measurement and Testing: **//
- Perform user testing on new multilingual features
- Implement Analytics/Event logging instrumentation to track new multilingual features (ideally we should try to compare against baseline usage of current app, as well as general Android device multilingual usage)
- **//Documentation & Marketing**//
- Update [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ | Android FAQs page ]]
- Highlight/Promote the multilingual release in specific regions/countries/languages (?)
 Design brief (extended version of task description): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1q1kiRLBtwh8KZvRkP5WXqADJPVYBCZO_VK4S2cC7Tq8/edit#slide=id.p