Because a long, undifferentiated list is hard to read, we plan to group notifications on the redesigned special page by date. All notifications from a single day will be displayed within a box for that day. Here are some specific details of the design:
- Each box will be labeled with the date the notifications were generated, in the format 12 Apr 2016, with two exceptions...
- The box for the current date will be labeled **Today** 12 Apr 2016 and the box for yesterday will be labeled **Yesterday** 11 Apr 2016
- A Mark group as read button will also sit above each box; clicking it will mark all the messages from that date as read. (This feature is described in T132738.)
- Each page displays a maximum of 50 messages (T129363 ). When a day-group of messages straddles two pages, the date and Mark group as read features will be repeated at the top of the second page, where the group continues.
- The relative date notation contained within each notification (3h, etc.) will be displayed, unchanged.