This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of backup2003
== Hostname / Racking / Installation Details ==
**Racking Proposal:** 10G, avoid sharing a rack (or row if possible) with backup200.
**Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP:** 10G single production link, 1G mgmt link
**Partitioning/Raid:** backup1001 and backup1002 have software RAID1 for OS SSDs and RAID 6 for each array. If a new spec, just having HDs in RAID6 would be enough. HW raids requires manual DC ops setup- we can take care of installation.
**OS Distro:** buster
== Per host setup checklist ==
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
backup2003: C4 U3/U4
[x] - receive in system on #procurement task T271231 & in coupa
 - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
 - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
 - add mgmt dns (asset tag and hostname) and production dns entries in netbox, run cookbook sre.dns.netbox.
 - network port setup via netbox, run homer to commit
** end on-site specific steps
 - operations/puppet update - this should include updates to install_server dhcp and netboot, and site.pp role(insetup) or cp systems use role(insetup::nofirm).
 - OS installation & initital puppet run via wmf-auto-reimage or wmf-auto-reimage-host
 - host state in netbox set to staged
**Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.**