This task is a proposed enhancement to the "Ask a question" feature, whereby users are able to provide more context to their query by optionally marking where their question relates in the page they're editing.
== User story
When I am asking a specific question in the midst of editing an article...
...I want to be able to indicate what/where in the page I'm specifically asking about...
...so that I have a greater chance of getting a helpful and accurate answer.
== Rationale for this proposal
- Potentially improves the actionability of questions if experienced editors are better able to understand the context of the question. (Lack of context in comments was one of the main issues in the Article Feedback Tool, and the Moodbar to a lesser extent, per T206714)
- Reduces effort for the person asking the question can more succinctly point to their their issue without having describe where it is on the page.
== General requirements
* **Platform:** This feature will eventually need to exist for both desktop and mobile. Desktop should be built and deployed first.
* **Languages:** KO and CS (Growth team's target wikis)
* **Target users of the help pane:** Determined by business rules defined on T206716
* **Eventlogging:** This feature will need to be instrumented with EventLogging for all interactions.
== Proposed feature design + requirements
* **Mocks:** Invision (clickable) prototype at https://wikimedia.invisionapp.com/share/XSP2H5Z7ZMY#/screens/330935824 //(Click/Tap on this task in the contents screen to view the relevant mocks) //
* **Notes on the design:**
*** Allowing user to //**optionally**// select the section header to which their query relates is considered a more near-term proposal A
**** The dropdown should automatically populate the with options based on the page's sections headings (up to H3)
**** The dropdown should not be shown if the article contains <2 sections
*** Including a screenshot can be considered a longer-term proposal B for enabling marking in context
**** It is optional to include the screenshot (the checkbox is deselect by default)
**** Highlighting and Blacking out parts of the screenshot may be considered an enhancement off this screenshot proposal
**** TBC where and how screenshots may be stored, and the potentially licensing info required to be shown.