In T175288 tin.eqiad.wmnet has been replaced by deploy1001.
tin can now be decom'ed or reclaimed. it is in eqiad row A, A4
related: T185275, T174452
decom steps have already started in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/420917/
racktables ID: https://racktables.wikimedia.org/index.php?page=object&object_id=1717
This checklist is able to be copied and pasted into phabricator hardware request tasks for reclaiming systems to spare or decom.
[x] - all system services confirmed offline from production use
[x] - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
[x] - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
[x] - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
[x] - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare::system if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
 - disable puppet on host
 - power down host
 - disable switch port
 - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal)
 - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
 - remove production dns entries
 - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
 - system disks wiped (by onsite)
 - IF DECOM: system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
 - IF DECOM: switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
 - IF DECOM: add system to decommission tracking google sheet
 - IF DECOM: mgmt dns entries removed.
 - IF RECLAIM: system added back to spares tracking (by onsite)