This is the first task for the "Focus on help desk" feature: making a call to action button/tab can open a help pane when a page is being edited. Requirements for the feature continue to take shape here based on design explorations from T206715.
== User story
When I am editing an article and am unsure about how to proceed, ...
...I want to get help while I am doing the editing task ...
...so that I can more confidently complete the edit.
== General requirements
* **Platform:** This feature will eventually need to exist for both desktop and mobile. Desktop should be built and deployed first.
* **Languages:** KO and CS (Growth team's target wikis)
* **Target users:** Determined by business rules defined on T206716
* **Eventlogging:** This feature will need to be instrumented with EventLogging for all clicks.
* **A/B testing:** This feature should be A/B testable. We might want to test these sorts of things:
*** Having the feature at all.
*** Different call to action text.
*** Different configurations of elements in the pane.
* **Other considerations:**
** We may eventually want to allow the presence of the call to action to be configurable by the user through a user preference.
** We may want to serve this feature to anonymous users as well.
== Proposed feature design + requirements
=== 1. Call to action (to open the help pane)
* **Mocks:** Invision (clickable) prototype at https://wikimedia.invisionapp.com/share/XSP2H5Z7ZMY#/screens/330825313 //(Click/Tap on this task in the contents screen to view the relevant mocks) // . NB we are using [design B](https://wikimedia.invisionapp.com/share/XSP2H5Z7ZMY#/screens/330825312)
* **Notes on the design:**
** Floating button/tab in the bottom right of the editing experience. Floating means that it stays in the same place in the window even as the user navigates around.
** It should be shown in all editing experiences, regardless of whether it is visual or source editing, and regardless of whether it is the 2010 or 2017 editor.
** Whether the button is shown for a given user should be able to be configured by the number of edits or number of days the account has.
** It should be able to have text and an icon. The visual display may differ on desktop and mobile.
** CTA cannot be dismissed
** An additional prompt may be incorporated on first time access that highlights the call to action - either the same pulsing dot used to highlight sections of the VE toolbar, or a tooltip.
=== 2. Help pane
* **Mocks:** Invision (clickable) prototype at https://wikimedia.invisionapp.com/share/XSP2H5Z7ZMY#/screens/330826495 //(Click/Tap on this task in the contents screen to view the relevant mocks) //
* **Notes on the design:**
** When the button is clicked, a floating pane should expand up from the button. On mobile, this should cover the full screen.
** Should be closable back to the call-to-action.
** Should be able to display text and links. Text and links should be customizable by individual language wikis. See T209297 for details.
*** Per T209297#4747465 - Allow for different text and links depending on the (1) Platform (Mobile/Web) and (2) Editor type (VE or Wikitext)
** The preferred implementation is shown on **Mock 2B** whereby the user should be able to "ask a question" directly from a text-field in the Help pane.
=== Related tasks
* Ability to also Search within the help pane has been deferred in a separate 'enhancement' task - see T209301
* "Ask a question" on Help desk from within the help pane is detailed on task T209318