On many RC Pagesecent Changes Pages, the community has defined a large number of links that display directly under the page name (e.g., the community has defined a large number of links that display directly under the page name. [[ https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specjalna:Ostatnie_zmiany?hidebots=1&hidecategorization=1&hideWikibase=1 | Polish ]]). Many of these links are unrelated or only peripherally related to Recent Changes. The bulk of them are used only rarely or never, They put noise in the signal of what the page is abouresearch shows (T166623 and [[ https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/spreadsheets/d/1iQ6rjkxtDxSLy1VrLDAMKblyhmo7UOvxDccxd8ZKdD8/edit?usp=sharing | this document, and research shows (T166623) that the bulk ofwhich collects results from them are used only rarely or never ticket just cited ]]). To reduce the informational complexity of the RC page and clarify its functionality — while recognizing that these links are useful to some users—we will put the links into a collapsible panel.
- The panel will continue to display the links and other functions more or less as they are displayed nowlaid out now (except inside a box).
- Community members will continue to be able to create and manage links as they do now.
- The default panel state will be openclosed.
- The panel will, however, remember whatever state the user leaves it in. So, for example, if a user closesopens the panel and then closes the pagebrowser, when she returns to the page, the panel will be closedopen.
==Interface / UX
- At- In the top of the paneldefault, closed state, a link at the top of the reads: Other review tools and[down arrow]
- A tooltip for the links [down and the arrow] reads: "Expand the links menu."
- Clicking the link expands the panel; the link turns gray, howeverstays where it is, clicking onbut the link a second time will collapse the panel againrrow now points up.
- Meanwhile, inside- The tooltip for the panel an uplink and the arrow is displayed in the right corner. Clickingnow reads: "Collapse the up arrow collapses the panel.links menu."