T274831 and T277329 implemented the user talk page empty state experience.
While implemented for both logged in and logged out users, the design implemented in those two tickets assumed you were logged in.
This task is about extending this approach to draft new interface copy that is explicitly designed for anon user talk pages.
=== User stories
//Another IP editor's user talk page//
**Understanding the purpose of the page**
- **As a Junior Contributor** seeing the user talk page of an anon user that has not-yet-been-created, **I want** to know this user is being identified by their IP address because they have not created an account, **so that** I can understand what the string of numbers and/or letters mean and who/what I am potentially addressing my message to.
- **As a Junior Contributor** seeing the user talk page of an anon user that has not-yet-been-created, **I want** to understand that I can use this page to start a conversation about edits that have been made by this IP address so that I can decide whether I should start a conversation on this page or leave/go somewhere else
- **As a Junior Contributor** seeing the user talk page of an anon user that has not-yet-been-created, **I want** to know that edits made by this IP address may have been made by different people **so that** I understand it is possible the person with whom I am trying to communicate with will NOT be the person to respond.
**Starting a discussion**
- **As a Junior Contributor** who is wanting to talk with an anon user about the edit(s) they have made made, **I want** to know what to do to start a discussion, **so that** they can become aware of what's on my mind.
**Editing the page**
- **As a Senior Contributor** who has clicked a link to a user talk page that not-yet-been-created, **I want** to be able to add content to the page (e.g. add a template) without being constrained by the New Discussion Tool's Title / Description fields, **so that** I can avoid having to manually type out a long message.
//We will [likely] build off of/reuse the mockups implemented in T277329/T274831.//
**Another IP address's user talk page**
//UI copy to be added here. To see the current experience at en.wiki, visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:2601:2C7:4480:49E0:BD0E:C5BB:EDA5:D2C5&action=edit&redlink=1. //
- When possible, all documentation links should lead to local help pages.
- In cases where local help pages do not exist, documentation links should lead people to a mediawiki.org help page that appears in their UI language.
- [ ] Copy is written that satisfies the `===User stories` above
- [ ] Copy is implemented