This task is a proposed enhancement to first provide a automated list of suggested answers to users when they ask a question in the Editor help pane.
== User story
When I am asking a specific question to try and learn how to edit in an article...
...I want to be provided with potential answer as soon as possible...
...so that I can complete my edit (without having to wait for a response).
== Rationale for this proposal
- Users can solve their problems faster on their own without depending a response
- Potentially reduces volume of questions being posted
== General requirements
* **Platform:** This feature will eventually need to exist for both desktop and mobile. Desktop should be built and deployed first.
* **Languages:** KO and CS (Growth team's target wikis)
* **Target users of the help pane:** Determined by business rules defined on T206716
* **Eventlogging:** This feature will need to be instrumented with EventLogging for all interactions.
== Proposed feature design + requirements
* **Mocks:** Invision (clickable) prototype at https://wikimedia.invisionapp.com/share/XSP2H5Z7ZMY#/screens/330930099 //(Click/Tap on this task in the contents screen to view the relevant mocks) //
* **Notes on the design:**
*** To bring up the suggested answers screen, the user has entered text into the "ask a question" text-area field on the initial help pane and selected to "Submit" the query
*** If there is at least 1 matching result in the Help pages, the result(s) will be shown in the Suggested answers screen (I.e., if there are no results, users should directly to the confirm question step as detailed in T209318)
*** If the user selects "Yes, post this question", they will be taken to the confirm question step as detailed in T209318
*** If the user selects "No" (they no longer need help), they will be returned to the default Help pane