= Project Information
* Name of tool/project: TwoColConflict Extension
* Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TwoColConflict
* Name of team requesting review: #tcb-team (Wikimedia Deutschland)
* Primary contact: @wmde-fisch @Tobi_WMDE_SW @bmueller @lea_wmde
* Target date for deployment: December 2016
* Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/TwoColConflict
* Programming Language(s) Used: PHP, JS
== Description of the tool/project
The TwoColConflict extension provides an alternative two-column view for the edit conflict resolution page. It highlights differences between the editor's and the conflicting change directly in the textfield for an easy possibility to copy and paste desired pieces of the text and resolving the conflict.
== Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
If installed, whenever an edit conflict is happening while using the standard wikitext editor, the extension will show a new two-column conflict resolution view. You will see your version of the text on the one side and the conflicting version on the other. Differences between those versions are highlighted and you can copy and paste desired text passages to adjust the version that should be saved.
The extension should be available as a beta-feature at the beginning.
== Has this project been reviewed before? ==
Only review inside the #tcb-team. Implementation of the main requirements is still ongoing and is tracked in T143823, T149720 and T149721.
== Working test environment ==
* git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/TwoColConflict
* add to LocalSettings:
wfLoadExtension( 'TwoColConflict' );
* After enabling the extension, try to produce an edit conflict and then see the new conflict-resolution view.