Since January 2020, Wikimedia has not served traffic to browsers which do not support TLS 1.2 (T238038).
It doesn't really make sense to maintain Grade C support just for third party wikis that might be using very old browsers. Third parties can use MediaWiki 1.35 for the immediate-term future (LTS).
As mentioned in T262946#6512792, this means increasing our requirements to:
* * **Firefox 24+** (released 2014-02, Firefox v24 of 2013-08 – v26 can be enabled too, 27+ by default); 27+ by default)from 3+
* * **Chrome 29+** (2013-07); from 1+
* * **Safari 7+** (2013-10, also grade A); also grade A)from 3+
* * **Opera 16+** (2013-08); from 15+
* iOS Safari 5 (2012-03,**Android browser 5-6x** ([[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome#Platforms | Chromium 81 WebView ]]) or Google Chrome for Android or other browsers like Firefox Android; already grade C)from 3+
* Android browser 5-6x ([[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome#Platforms | Chromium 81 WebView ]]) or Google Chrome for Android or other browsers like Firefox Android**iOS Safari 5** (2012-03, no change, already grade C);
IE 9-10 would be untouched by this, as both versions can be enabled to support TLS 1.2.
Opera 12 would have been able to support it too, but has already fallen out of basic support.
**[[https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Compatibility#Browser_support_matrix|Current browser support matrix]]**