Experience and reflection tell us that it makes sense to combine the "User registration" and "Experience level" filter groups into one group. The primary reason for doing so is to enable users to search for "Unregistered" OR "Newcomers", which is a common desire, yet currently impossible.
- **Combine the groups**, so that an "OR" relationship obtains among all members.
- **Conflict states:** Remove all Conflict states that currently exist between "Experience level" filters and "Unregistered."
- **New "No-effect display states"**. The following combos would be redundant, according to the terms defined in T149391. There are two flavors of redundant:
- **Full coverage**: these combos would constitute full coverage, and would get the full coverage messages and display state:
- Registered + Unregistered
- Unregistered + Newcomers + Learners + Experienced
- **Subsets**: Any of the former Experience filters (Newcomers, Learners, Experienced) would be subsets of Registered, and would get the subset messaging and display state.
Please note that numerous descriptions have changed in some subtle ways.
===User registration and experience===
Editors who aren’t logged in.
Registered editors with fewer than 10 edits and 4 days of activity.
Registered editors whose experience falls between “Newcomers” and “Experienced users.”
Registered editors with more than 500 edits and 30 days of activity.