= Background information
Re-import full planet data into maps1009.
== pre-import checks
- [x] Is there enough free space?
== executing the import
- [ ] disable `disable_replication_service` and `disable_tile_generation_cron` in hieradata
- [ ] execute `initial-imposm-import` script using the following command
# change -d and -s values accordingly when performing the import with the most updated values
sudo -u osmupdater imposm-initial-import \
-d 220103 \ latest dump
-s https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/hour/000/081/714.state.txt \ hourly replication
- [ ] monitor the full planet import
- Did the script finished properly?
- Are the logs sufficient?
> When the import is done, the data won't be available in production, the data will be in the import schema
- [ ] execute check scripts?
- [ ] deploy data to the public schema by running:
sudo -u osmupdater imposm-deploy-import
- [ ] monitor and check the APIs, if needed rollback with the following command
sudo -u osmupdater imposm-rollback-import
- [ ] re-enable the replication service and check for its health
- [ ] re-enable the tile-generation cron and check for its health
- [ ] clean-up old data in backup
sudo -u osmupdater imposm-removebackup-import
= Open questions
- How much SRE intervention will be needed?
= Acceptance criteria
-  DB is refreshed with most updated data