It looks like we need a bit of mop-up for a recent UI standardization upgrade to the preferences pages. Specifically, the "days to show" and "number of changes to show" boxes at the top of the RC and Watchlist prefs pages have a couple of issues:
- The boxes are 697px wide, but should never have to hold more than 2 (for6 (for days, because of fractional dayss, see below) and 4 digits, respectively. We should:
- Shorten these elements so that they don't confuse users about the type of input that is being requested, AND/OR
- Use some type of number widget that would be even more suitable, and might handle the maximum allowable limits more effectivelygracefully (as compared to letting users Save and only then informing usersthem that the numbers are they entered is not allowable).
- The "days to show" box has been set to accept 1 as the minimum number. This is, not the way the code is written. to my recollectionE.g., nousers who want to set the way the code is writtenir defaults to 1 hour should be able to enter 0.04167 days. E.g.( I know that we did have this capability. If we want to change that, users who want to set their defaults to 1 hour should be able to enter 0.04167 days. ( I remember distinctly that we did have this capability when we rewrote RC page. If that feature was changed explicitly at some point,we can talk about it. But I am guessing this change was just an assumption on the part of whoever did the upgrade.)
- Small fix: the Help text for "Number of edits to show" on the RC prefs page is not right. then there's no need to change back now.I think it's supposed to be the same as the Help text on the similar, But a UI upgrade should not be the reason for making this functional change).WL prefs elements: "Maximum number: 1000."