There will be two methods for signing up for the RC Filters beta:
# Opt in via the beta preferences page (described in T159007)
# Opt in on the RC page.
This ticket describes the latter function.
=Opting in via the RC page=
During the beta phase, the new Recent Changes filters can be enabled from the Recent Changes page itself. There are two elements to this feature:
- A popover opt-in invitation.
- A popover confirmation.
===The popover opt-in invitation===
- After the beta is implemented, when a user who has not already opted in to the beta visits the RC page for the first time, a popover will appear pointing to the "beta" link in the personal toolbar (see illustration).
-- If the beta link is not present in some wiki, the popover can point to the preferences link instead.
- Users can enable the beta feature in just one click using the blue button.
- The "no thanks" link will permanently dismiss the popover for this user.
- If the user neither implements the feature nor clicks the "no thanks" link (instead, say, navigating away from the page), then the popover is still permanently dismissed. !![@Pginer-wmf -- is that right? Just show one time, even if there's no evidence that the user saw the popover? Should we show one more time? Or show until there is a reaction? Or would that just be annoying?]!!
- A "Learn more" link is provided that goes to the [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Edit_Review_Improvements/Filters_for_Special:Recent_Changes | RC Filters page on mediawiki ]].
- The image used in the panel will be animated. A non-looping animated Gif for the animation is available at F5053416
===The popover confirmation===
After the user accepts, another popover will act as a confirmation and inform about the beta feature page to be the place to provide feedback (and disable the beta feature). In this case, the popover will vanish automatically after 3 seconds.