Some languages lacking Machine Translation (MT) support may benefit from having access to the MT available for closely related languages. It may be preferred to correct the language differences rather than starting from scratch.
Based on input from their communities, this ticket proposes to enable MT for the following cases:
- **On Serbo-Croatian (sh) Wikipedia** enable Bosnian (bs) MT with Google and Yandex ([[ https://sh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Pijaca-%D0%9F%D0%B8%D1%98%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B0&oldid=41004660#Machine_translation_in_Content_Translation | details ]])
- **On Wu (wuu) Wikipedia** enable Chinese (zh) MT with Google, Yandex, LingoCloud and Youdao (T199523)
- **On Cantonese (zh-yue) Wikipedia** enable the Traditional script variant of Chinese MT which is only available with Google (using code zh-TW).
- **On Gan (gan) Wikipedia** enable the Traditional script variant of Chinese MT which is only available with Google (using code zh-TW).
- **On Belarusian Taraškievica (be-tarask)** Enable Belarusian (be) MT with Google and Yandex.
These changes are similar to the way Simple English Wikipedia (T196354) had English MT is exposed.