This task is about analyzing how people are engaging with the Topic Subscription beta feature (Manual and Automatic) to help us determine whether it is ready to be made available to all people, by default, at some //sub-set// of wikis
=== Analysis timing
- Learn the extent to which Senior Contributors are trying Topic Subscriptions (Manual and Automatic) //and// finding them valuable.
**Decision(s) to be made**
- Decide whether the notification interventions can be made available to all users, by default, at some subset of Wikipedias.
//This analysis is intended to help us answer these questions://
1. Are people aware of and trying the topic subscription feature?
-- Metric: **Of the people who have published an unreverted talk page edit in the time since Topic Subscriptions became available, what percent have subscribed to at least one topic. ** //Note: we cannot know whether the topic someone subscribed to is a topic they also edited/contributed to.//
2. Are people finding the topic subscription feature valuable?
--- **[Manual] Of the people who have topic subscriptions enabled, what percentage of people are actively subscribed to the following number of discussions?** //@Mneisler to decide on bucketing.//
--- **[Automatic] Of the people who have manual topic subscriptions enabled, what percentage of them enabled automatic topic subscriptions within Special:Preferences?**
--- **[Both] Percentage of new comment notifications Junior and Senior Contributors engage with (e.g. make as read, tap a notification) within two weeks of receiving them.**
3. Are people finding the topic subscription feature disruptive?
--- **[Automatic] Of the people who enabled Automatic Topic Subscriptions, what percentage of people disable the feature after have been automatically subscribed to at least one conversation?**
--- **[Both] Sudden increase in the average number of notifications sent per person, per day.**
--- **[Both] Percent of contributors that receive notifications and turn them off.**
To help answer the questions above, we would like to understand the "Adoption metrics" listed below.
- [Talk pages project/Notifications/Measurement plan](https://docs.google.com/document/d/15eD960rWRzxqYNQpjgsqd8nGwW9cRrpzOfYVd7nkX-0/edit#)
- [ ] The `===Adoption metrics` are documented in the section above
- [ ] The `===Adoption metrics` are calculated and a link to these metrics is shared in this ticket