To ensure that wikistories remain relevant and up-to date, the wikistory tool should have mechanisms that notifies article contributors, story creators and story editors of changes happening against an article with wikistories i.e.
- Alerting watchers ( **article contributors** , **story creators** , **story editors** or **watchers**) of changes to the article contents; giving them an opportunity to update the story contents where necessary.
As a story watcher,
I want to be informed of changes to an article that has a wikistorythe story is based on,
so that I can keep the wikistory/ies up-to-date and relevant.
- Wikistory creators get notified when there's changes to the article of a wikistory they created.
- Wikistory editorswatchers get notified when there's changes to the article of a wikistory they edited.
- Article contributors get notified when there's changes to the article they created or edited.
- Watchers get notified when there's changes to the article they are watching. created.
- Is this done via a custom Echo notification?
- Do we want to combine in this task the idea that an article edit may have different impact on a story?
-- All the text used in the story is still present in the article so maybe the story is just fine
-- The text used in the story was modified in the article so the story probably need to be revisited
-- The text used in the story was partially or completely removed from the article so a story review is really needed. We may even consider not showing the story until it is reviewed in this case.
- Other idea: after the successful article edit, we could invite the article editor to review the affected stories.